DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this thread as a link at the great "All things Philosophical about BtVS:

http://www.atpobtvs.com

It was a Lesbian's response to the Death of Willow's Love Interest Tara at the end of this season.

http://pub106.ezboard.com/fthekitte...rdrobe36671frm1.showMessage?topicID=434.topic

My belief was that the creator of the show killed off the character so that we would all be appalled by it (as the Tara Character was a well loved one and had no real annoying qualities, a rarity on the show) and would cause one of the main character to be pushed over the edge. So while we didn't want to see Willow carry out vengence that would push her over to the dark side, we all would have sympathy for what caused her to go over.

This thread insists that it is all part of the "Dead/Evil Lesbian Cliché" and that it was insensitivity to the Lesbian Lifestyle...

For those buffy fans out there, what do you think???

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by jrjcd
speaking of buffy-if you watched the season finale' , i think it was clear that you watched the set up of dawn, the vampire slayer in 2003/2004....JMHO

esp if sarah michelle geller doesn't re up...
Wearing my Star Trek Costume "Mr Shatner, In episode 21..."

I think according to the creator he said that Black chick who arrived after Buffy drowned and was temporarily dead was her replacement and when she was killed, Faith was the replacement. So technically Faith is the Heir Apparent of the Slayer bloodline. Now Dawn may be the one who takes over???

But also I think that 7 years is a good run and they should end the series. maybe have some movies every 3-5 years. Xander, Willow and Buffy in a Nursing home when they are in their 90s, with sharpened Wooden walkers and canes :D

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
While re-reading the statements, the Lesbian FAQ writer also ripped into the fact that "Zander" saves the day this season finale. And that "it had to be a man." The fact that the entire show is about a Woman who kicks ass seems to be forgotten by then. I found it incredibly interesting that "Zander", pretty much the least effective fighter and often told he is useless that season saves the day. So they seem to ignore that him saving the day was because he knew Willow so well and so long (The Yellow Crayon Story) that he was able to get thru to her. His form of genetalia did not play a factor in it.

What is funny is I used to know alot of people like those who were of the same mind as the Lesbian FAQ writer. I tolerated them then, I wonder how I would respond to them if I was to meet them today???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.