DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Legend
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pause and frame advance have been broken in the past few versions of software. I've seen threads talking about how pause acts on Live recordings but I'm seeing problems with previous recordings as well.

The problem is that slow motion in either forwards or reverse from a pause, does not START at the pause. It often jumps back several seconds. This makes it very difficult to freeze image that I want. It used to work!

·
Legend
127 Posts
I noticed this last night too!!!

I was watching a promo for next weeks episode of a show I was watching of a recorded event, and there was a face that flashed on the screen for a split second. So of course I am pausing and trying to go back and forward.

On mine the forward seemed to work fine most of the time, but the back ALWAYS skipped back way too far, instead of stepping back one frame at a time. It was almost impossible to get the freeze on the right location.

Is it the MPEG4 encoding? It was on a LIL.

I am no expert, but maybe they made it so it has to skip back to a keyframe. Going forward it can use the non keyframes to generate the picture, but going back maybe that is a problem.

Still makes me mad because it used to work. I wonder if it is an MPEG4 issue.

·
Legend
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do know that a few versions back this worked fine so the behavior did change with a software update.

I'm not at home right now so I can't test it but perhaps someone can test one of the SD channels that are encoded with MPEG2 and see if it displays the same behavior. That should nail down if the problem is associated with MPEG4.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.