DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a bit confused about this entire "buying" thing. How can one tell if one is actually buying a receiver vs paying a premium to get a leased receiver with a new contract commitment?

I'd llike to buy a HR24 so I can upgrade the HD to 2BT. The wife likes to keep her shows for an extended period so I do the whole home DVR thing between 2 receiver and need at least 1.5TB of storage.

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about the one Weaknees sells with upgraded storage? Weaknees doesn't speciffy, but for them to crack one open and upgrade it I would think it would have to be owned.

I saw quite a few on eBay. Only a couple of them speciffied that they were owned and gave the RID# so one could confirm.

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I haven't checked thoroughly about external drives. I've read people complaining about noise and just suddenly have their external drive not detected. It would be easy to throw together a HD and a drive enclosure. In theory esata it should work as equickly as the internal drive. I've only used esata once with one of the toaster style drive bays. It was a quick and easy bakup solution, but the speed was sllooowwww. I ended up modding my HTPC case an installing a 3.5" HD dock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.