DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,776 Posts
Goodell is an idiot. Putting NFL Sunday Ticket on a streaming service will be a disaster. Too many folks who live in rural areas that don’t have reliable high speed internet service are going to be screwed out of seeing NFL Games.
The amount of subscribers that live in a rural area that don't have high speed internet and that would subscribe to Sunday Ticket is likely a rounding error in accounting. Hardly a "disaster".

·
Hall Of Fame
2,776 Posts
No, what is very stupid is forcing people to switch to a streaming service when there is no reason to. There are rural areas in many areas of the country where internet service isn’t that fast yet. And this is a Satellite forum to start with so if you are so against DIRECTV what are you even doing on this site? Makes no sense. 🤬
This isn't a satellite only forum. It is for Directv. If I go to Directv.com I'm offered either a satellite variant, or streaming variant. The NFL isn't being "stupid", they are maximizing their revenue by moving to a streaming service who is willing to pay what Directv could no longer afford to (or was willing to).

·
Hall Of Fame
2,776 Posts
There is no way the NFL could be allowed to go to an all streaming service. No HD quality video in a lot of places, no way to DVR a game, a lot of disadvantages if a very popular sport like the NFL moves to streaming. It won’t work. Just watch. Fans in New York have been tweeting every Friday how they can’t see Friday Night Yankee Games because they moved them to Amazon and are wanting the games put back on YES. Just watch the NFL is making a BIG Mistake if they move games to streaming. The NFL already made a huge mistake putting the Thursday Night Game starting this year to Amazon. There will be folks mad who won’t be able to watch.
Who is going to "disallow" it? BTW, I'm a displace Yankee fan and have been able to watch every game. Not sure of your issue? Do you not have Amazon Prime?

·
Hall Of Fame
2,776 Posts
Yeah internet outages happen from time to time. Just wait until the first time a major outage happens on a Sunday. Lots of people won’t be able to stream their Sunday game. 😆 Satellite or Cable are still more reliable than a stream anyday of the week. Wake up DIRECTV and retain Sunday Ticket for christs sakes.
In the two plus years I've had DirecTV Stream, I can't tell you the last time I had an internet outage. I can tell you that weather outages with DirecTV satellite, while fairly rare, did happen a number of times with storms and heavy rain, even on a well aligned dish.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,776 Posts
When u get PTSD from this horific service then manbye you will understand where I'm coming from . When your employer pretty much banns people frome working at home due to how unreliable the ISP is then u understand my pain .

Until then U DONT UNDERSTAND MY PAIN, DONT REPLY TO MY POSTS !!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
You are clearly an outlier. Take your issues up with your ISP.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,776 Posts
Interesting read from Mike Florio. If any is interested, he has a podcast called Pro Football Talk that he touches occasionally on this subject as well. He's on vacation right now but still does a quick daily update on various NFL news. I haven't listened in a couple of days, so I'm not sure if he's addressed this article or not.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,776 Posts
When the well dries up the discount mongers always feel ill used.
Or they just move on, recognizing that Directv is selling a commodity, with plenty of competitors. You can continue to subscribe and pay full price because Directv said so......others who care about their own financial self interest will negotiate an arm's length business transaction, or move to a competitor.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,776 Posts
If they care so much about their financial self-interest why do they subscribe to something they can't afford in the first place? Expecting endless wall to wall discounts is ridiculous and behaving like a woman scorned when the discount well dries up is ludicrous.
Who says they cannot afford it? You are the one who trumpets paying full asking price. I'd look at thyself and foolish financial stewardship, rather than at others.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,776 Posts
I know one damn thing. I love to watch football. But I won’t pay noone $500 for it. There’s a lot of other places that $500 needs to spent for like putting food on the family dinner table for starters. I don’t care if DIRECTV has the package or Amazon or Apple or Google. Nobody is gonna be able to afford to pay for a $500 package. At $300 right now it’s already a lot of dough & $400 if you get Max. Of course this year a lot of folks including myself are getting the package for free. Pay $500 to watch a “buffering circle” spin around on your screen because they decided it would be better to move the package to a streaming service. Sounds like a real plan there Hoss!
Take it up with your internet provider. I have streaming ST....no issues and I have MLBTV....no issues.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,776 Posts
I did notice yesterday that Red Zone on the streaming app on the ATV was about 30 seconds behind Redzone on satellite. Of course when it is gone from satellite no one will have it to compare to streaming.
Same. I have the current streaming version. I was getting fantasy alerts on my phone just prior to the play actually happening while watching the game (I was watching the actual game and not Red Zone).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts