DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Icon
3,591 Posts
Not everyone can get good home broadband .

I wish I could get tmobile or Verizon Wireless LTE/5G home broadband. I would kiss this POS docsis good bye in a heartbeat.

Some folks have outages all the ... time and we are told it's "maintenance " ...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: AZ.

·
Icon
3,591 Posts
I tried to watch one of those Apple tv MLB games on night and it was buffering all time time even on a hard wired connection...

·
Icon
3,591 Posts
Even in the heart of Norfolk VA folks choose Hughes Net over docsis ... its that bad ...

We need either #FTTH fiber broadband expanded for ALL and or NFL ST needs go continue to have an option on D*

Heck I'll boycot if they go to apple lol

·
Icon
3,591 Posts
I have T-Mobile 5G Home Internet. I live 75 miles from a major city (St. Louis). My internet speeds are pretty solid at 400 mbps down and 100 mbps up in this rural area. Plus it has unlimited data for $50.00 per month. T-Mobile 5G pretty much covers the entire continental USA.

View attachment 32260

T-Mobile 5G Home Internet is available in Norfolk, VA.

You can check availability at your specific address here: T-Mobile 5G Home Internet

They have a free 15 day trial if it is available at your specific address.

Norfolk, VA coverage map:

View attachment 32261
Sorry didn't mean to confuse u . Norfolk is the name of my metro area/DMA . And I was driving through Norfolk the other day and saw multiple houses with hughesnet...

But im actually in VB ... and I checked my address, not available... . I'm stuck on POS docsis

Anyways back to original topic . NFL ticket

·
Icon
3,591 Posts
Check your connections. Mine seems to work flawlessly.
I think u missed thr part where I said I have POS docsis internet

Had 3 outages last week alone ..

Anyways back to original topic

• Haha
Reactions: compnurd

·
Icon
3,591 Posts
I hope it will still be an option for residential DirecTV , I know it won't exclusive... but I hope it will be ... streaming + DirecTV

So Amazon or what ever streaming thing and still a DirecTV option

·
Icon
3,591 Posts
Unless that changes this upcoming season I had NHL Center Ice on DIRECTV in 2021-2022. It was only $59 for the season. Cheapest it ever was.
Right and DirecTV had NHL games in 4K !

Avalanche, and select Blackhawks games i think

·
Icon
3,591 Posts
^^Agree u won't believe now many braves fans are upset cause streaming doesn't have Ballys Sports South /SE

·
Icon
3,591 Posts
Yea thats crazy I'm in VA with MLB EI so don't exactly have that issue . I just have normal blackout isssue so if they playing Nats or Os I have to watch on MASN and listen to the "see u later "guy ...

But back to NFL on a small occasion the local station will change what game they are airing which messes up blackout rules. I think week one last year WVBT choose to air Eagles game instead of Colts game and it was all screwed up . Colts were blackout ... So yea local blackouts can be a mess with all sports

·
Icon
3,591 Posts
Wow is xfinity dvr that bad lol

And this year I have noticed more phillies games on D* via the 700s.. I wonder if your able to view?

See if your able to view tonight's game on 733

I know in the past D* didn't carry many phillies feed games . And I'm not a 76ers fan so didn't play close attention but I think they had the 76ers feed available . I know we don't have a dedicated channel for NBC SN Philly but have noticed more and more games

·
Icon
3,591 Posts
Right but the 700s are usually just mirrors of the 600s (RSN) so what I'm suggesting is see if u can view the game tonight since u live in Philly market .

Its like a duplicate channel to group all the MLB EI/NBA LP channels together

IIRC even when I didn't have MLB EI or NBA LP the mirror of (my local RSNs) NBC SN Washington or MASN i was able to view ... but I could be mistaken

·
Icon
3,591 Posts
I don't look in the 700's for any local games, ...
Any luck did ch 733 work ?
Its definitely NBC SN Philly

·
Icon
3,591 Posts
I would guess they could still off set the price by credits. $xx off for 12 months

·
Icon
3,591 Posts
For those who have subscribed to (or have been gifted) NFL Season Ticket, it doesn't matter how DISH pricing compares if you don't have the NFLST option.

That will change in the 2023-4 season.
Agree no NFL ST, no 4K sports (beyond fox events) and no RSNs on dish or a lot of OTT providers

DirecTV is the true winner for sports fans

·
Icon
3,591 Posts
Yew I'm definitely NOT a fan of all this a la cart streaming crap

We pay enough for TV all these shows should be included

Nfl for example the prime games should be included in the new NFL ST , we shouldn't have to pay for NFL ST, and then Amazon prime for TNF

Thats one thing I hate about MLB now , not only do u need MLB EI/.TV, but u need apple crap for Friday nights , peacock for Sunday 12 noon games and yankees fans would need Amazon prime as well ... the premium sports package should include ALL games . We are paying a premium for the season, should include all games !

I know NFL is slightly different since it deals with local channels but still TNF should be included .

Reactions: Ms. J

·
Icon
3,591 Posts
Hard pass on streaming for me. I’ve tried it and didn’t like it. Mark my words the folks that have good internet connections you will be fine but there will be issues for some who want NFL Sunday Ticket who don’t have fast wi-fi yet. I just hope DIRECTV retains NFL Sunday Ticket in some sort of fashion. It might not be exclusive anymore after 2022, but hopefully they keep it & open it up to other platforms so the people who don’t stream can still see their out of market games.
Same not a fan of streaming stuff

·
Icon
3,591 Posts
I'm trying to watch the MLB celebrities softball game (online ) and it it glitchy .. I can only imaging other sports streaming...

Even on my ethernet hard wired pc connection its glitchy

Just saying online streaming is not everything espically with POS ISP

·
Icon
3,591 Posts
Not everyone has reliable broadband provider .
I had 3 3hour outages the other week they said it was "maintenance "

·
Icon
3,591 Posts
I want D* to keep NFL ST too, mabye not exclusively, but I still perfer DirecTV over streaming crap .

Not everyone had a good reliable home ISP for all this streaming crap.

I tried to watch a wnba game on prime the other day, picture was so blurry

·
Icon
3,591 Posts
The worst i had was hurricane isabell 1 month no DirecTV

All other stuff tech comes out fairly quick

I remember i called directv one sat at 12noon for a STB that kept rebooting tech game same day at 230pm !! Always amazing customer service!

A few years ago it snowed. My directv, worked cable broadband... out for days Its absoutly horific.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts