DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Goodell is an idiot. Putting NFL Sunday Ticket on a streaming service will be a disaster. Too many folks who live in rural areas that don’t have reliable high speed internet service are going to be screwed out of seeing NFL Games.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I have MLB Extra Innings and also have it set up where if I had to I could watch games via the MLB At Bat app. The screen on my phone when trying to watch goes blurry all the time if I try to watch and buffers all the time when trying to watch a game. It’s impossible to watch a game and enjoy it because of the buffering. So if the NFL goes to a streaming service, the NFL will lose my dollars. I do live in a rural area and rely on DIRECTV. All I am hoping for is DIRECTV finds a way to maintain Sunday Ticket but don’t let it move to an exclusive all streaming service. Give people who have streaming services like Amazon, Apple, or ESPN+ the option to receive the games, but don’t take it away from DIRECTV subscribers. It will be a disaster for many who won’t be able to see out of market games.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Everyone doesn’t need to. I live in rural Western PA and have a 1Gig connection
Western Pa is nothing like where I live in extreme Rural Mississippi. Some roads where I live the residents don’t even have cable. Satellite Television is the only option around here. That’s just the way it still is here.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I mean sucks to be you then. Expecting the NFL to offer something for a small portion of the population is just stupid
No, what is very stupid is forcing people to switch to a streaming service when there is no reason to. There are rural areas in many areas of the country where internet service isn’t that fast yet. And this is a Satellite forum to start with so if you are so against DIRECTV what are you even doing on this site? Makes no sense. 🤬

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
There is no way the NFL could be allowed to go to an all streaming service. No HD quality video in a lot of places, no way to DVR a game, a lot of disadvantages if a very popular sport like the NFL moves to streaming. It won’t work. Just watch. Fans in New York have been tweeting every Friday how they can’t see Friday Night Yankee Games because they moved them to Amazon and are wanting the games put back on YES. Just watch the NFL is making a BIG Mistake if they move games to streaming. The NFL already made a huge mistake putting the Thursday Night Game starting this year to Amazon. There will be folks mad who won’t be able to watch.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Who is going to "disallow" it? BTW, I'm a displace Yankee fan and have been able to watch every game. Not sure of your issue? Do you not have Amazon Prime?
No I don’t have Amazon. I am talking about the Friday Night New York Yankees games that were moved to Amazon this season. I have seen where fans are pissed there because they can’t see Yankee games on YES. You probably get those Friday night games but on the opposition’s RSN. But in New York you have to have Amazon Prime to get those games. Fans have been tweeting they want them put back on YES because many don’t have Amazon Prime Streaming.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Got an answer for this? Or are you planning on backing out of your claim since the NFL will not be an "all streaming service" due to their already signed contracts with broadcasters allowing broadcast of games within each team's home market.

Who is going to stop the NFL from offering Sunday Ticket as stream only?
Actually no I have no answer. But mark it down it will hurt out of market fans who want to see their favorite teams & an the NFL will get an indication of this starting on Thursday Nights this year when Thursday Night Games move to Amazon. I already know I will miss a game this year of my favorite team because they have a Thursday Night Game & I don’t live in the teams market for local carriage.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Yeah, like my father-in-law. Still living on a patch of the old dairy farm in Wisconsin where DSL is available for $100/month at a screaming 900kbs on top of the compelled $75/month telephone line.

Then the Starlink box showed up.

Terminated the local CLEC's DSL and DirecTV the day it arrived. They stream everything now and save about $150/month. He'll have plenty of additional dough to pay for NST whoever carries it.
Good for your father-in-law. What the hell is Starlink? Never heard of that service before because there is no such service of that name in my area. As was said earlier different areas have different services. Different services have different speeds and prices. Fact!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I still won’t give up DIRECTV if it loses NFL Sunday Ticket because there is more to it than just football. There’s MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass, & NHL. Still tons of College Football every Saturday. Will I be disappointed I won’t see every game my favorite NFL team plays every Sunday? You better believe it because I am not ready to stream anytime soon and won’t EVER because I know it’s not as good as DIRECTV has served me over 2½ decades. For all you folks who say “DIRECTV has screwed me" well I am sorry for you. But as for me I have NEVER had any real major disputes with them. For the most part the company has served me very well & are continuing to deliver programming to me right now in a fine way.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I have actually read articles both online & in newspapers where some people who have went to streaming are actually coming back to Cable & Satellite because not all streaming services offer everything everyone in a household desires to watch. One service like Hulu might offer one kind of programming where another service like an Amazon offers a different set if programming where Cable or Satellite offers it all at one place. So here we are back to square 1. I don’t think Cable or Satellite is going away anytime soon. 20 years from now it will still be around. Even 30 & 40 years it will be. DIRECTV in my opinion has led the way in offering all types of programming all in one convenient package & that is what I like about DIRECTV. And as for me….well I will be on of the very last people to ever give up my DIRECTV service. I have been with the company as my television provider ever since 1997, I have not changed to any other provider since and don’t ever see myself calling them to cancel my service.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Hard pass on streaming for me. I’ve tried it and didn’t like it. Mark my words the folks that have good internet connections you will be fine but there will be issues for some who want NFL Sunday Ticket who don’t have fast wi-fi yet. I just hope DIRECTV retains NFL Sunday Ticket in some sort of fashion. It might not be exclusive anymore after 2022, but hopefully they keep it & open it up to other platforms so the people who don’t stream can still see their out of market games.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
For the record I have never once called in to DIRECTV as an NFL Sunday Ticket Subscriber and tried to get it for free. I have always paid for it except for this upcoming season (2022) where I received a notice that I was getting it free because of my loyalty to DIRECTV. Been with them since 1997 and have had every pro sports package they have carried NFL, MLB, NBA, & NHL. This will be the first season EVER that i’m getting it for free. I will pay to keep the package in the future if DIRECTV retains it. I just don’t want to be forced to stream as I have said previously. It just isn’t for me.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
This might sound crazy but the NFL needs to try and work out their next television deal the way that March Madness did when they put tournament games on TBS, TNT, & TRU TV along with CBS. Something along the lines of have the 3 major networks CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN & their own dedicated channel which is the NFL Network to cover all the games on Sunday. Along with maybe two or three other channels like TBS & TNT. That would cover atleast 7 games in the 1:00 PM ET slot maybe have TRU TV as a 8th channel if it’s needed to cover a game. And then do the same in the 4:15 PM window. There’s never more games in that late afternoon window maybe 4 at the most or 5 and allow people in the entire country to have access to all games and watch the one they want. I still believe streaming games isn’t the way to go just yet. Why is that so hard to figure out for the NFL? Just have Sundays in the fall dedicated to those games. As popular as the NFL is. I truely believe that would be a win-win for everyone and not shut any of the fans out.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I am not gonna stream period. It’s too much hassle. Sorry I am not moving on and If it ever comes to streaming television only, I’ll stare at the wall before I’ll stream anything. Streaming SUCKS!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I would start moving on
LMMFAO at you 😂 I ain’t moving on to streaming. I’ll stare at the wall before i’ll start purchasing a bunch of no good streaming services to stare at a circle that goes around & around that means buffering. Not going to happen with me. Ya’ll are about to find out in 2023 if the NFL forces out of market viewers to purchase a streaming version of NFL Sunday Ticket.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts