DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

· Icon
3,700 Posts
I'm 92 and can stream. Streaming is easy with a Roku TV set. I have been streaming Netflix, Prime Video, Paramount+, Acorn, HBO Max and PBS Passport. I also switched from cable to YouTube TV a month ago and am happy with the results and the big $ savings.

I've been working with computers since the late 50's but I would still have to search Google to figure out what a plex server is and how to set it up.
I'm sure is easy if you have a reliable ISP ...

Not everyone has a reliable ISP ...

Wish more areas had FTTH fiber broadband

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

· Icon
3,700 Posts
Luck for u m mine is a piece of ****

· Icon
3,700 Posts
Yea those streaming/OTT things have price increases too. I think netflix like $20 now with another pending increase its ridiculous

· Icon
3,700 Posts
Some pay extra for 4K in YTTV

· Icon
3,700 Posts
I stream ESPN+ all day sometimes with multiple feeds with zero issues
Lucky for u . Some have piece of trash home broadband and unable to stream or work from home , even with everything hard wired ethernet...

Thank goodness I have DirecTV for TV!

· Icon
3,700 Posts
Agree streaming has a huge delay . Imaging getting a fantasy alert before seeing it on TV or for people that do sports betting stuff

Heck sometimes RZC is ahead of OTA

· Icon
3,700 Posts
When u get PTSD from this horific service then manbye you will understand where I'm coming from . When your employer pretty much banns people frome working at home due to how unreliable the ISP is then u understand my pain .

Until then U DONT UNDERSTAND MY PAIN, DONT REPLY TO MY POSTS !!

· Icon
3,700 Posts
Believe me I want to burn this docsis cable to the hell hole it came from.... but its the only "broadband " option available smh .

· Icon
3,700 Posts
5g can't wait!!

Back to directv/ NFL ST discussion

· Icon
3,700 Posts
Google /YTTV would be cool they also get events in 4K

Reactions: Steveknj

· Icon
3,700 Posts
I hope its streaming + DirecTV (residential)

Reactions: Rob37

· Icon
3,700 Posts
Agree not looking forward to spinning circles and distorted images . Hard enough attempting to watch MLB on apple tv app thing...

· Icon
3,700 Posts
I know right, we are simply trying to say streaming stuff will not work for everyone

Reactions: Rob37

· Icon
3,700 Posts
yeah and force people to buy more equipment spend more money. It’s crazy.
Or have 15 different login(s) like what MLB is doing (peacock, apple, MLB, TV provider, prime ... )

Crazy

· Icon
3,700 Posts
Yes its an issue every time I attempt to use fox sports app I have to re authentic. So have to go (name of app).activate.com or some random site, choose D* as my provider .Then enter the random characters. Evey single time ... super annoying

Fox sports , espn and other apps all the time

· Icon
3,700 Posts
There's a fox 4k game tomorrow, guess what I'll be doing in an hour when the internet comes back ... re authenticating...

Stteaming is annoying so much easier to press 703 or a channel number than choose between multiple apps and remembering 15 different logins ... when the internet works ..

Reactions: AZ.

· Icon
3,700 Posts
Guess I'll fix it in the morning now since internet still down. Thank goodness my DirecTV works ...

· Icon
3,700 Posts
Can we agree not all areas have FTTH fiber broadband, I wouldn't be complaining if I had a choice of broadband

Unfortunately I'm in a part of va beach where docsis is my only option, no tmobile no vzw 5g or LTE home broadband option ... im stuck paying $120 for trash service . In 2 years LUMOS fiber should be here! But thats 2 more years of suffering from docsis

Amazon fire stick 4k

· Icon
3,700 Posts
It's hard wired ethernet

I have a home run line from the outside "TAP" to a D3.1 modem then going to a netgear router . They have re ran the line from the pedestal to the tap 3x same garbage service

The Amazon fire stick is hard wired cat 6. (Everything hard wired except cell phones) definitely not my inside wire definitely the ISP ...

I have (gig-a-trash ) speed ..but get no where near that speed

Are u done ... I'm tired of explaining my ISP is trash and streaming is not for everyone...

· Icon
3,700 Posts
Yeah, it's pretty rare to have to re-enter credentials.
No its NOT i have to re authentic all the time.

Here is proof just connected my Phone hotspot went to fox app and it's asking me to sign in. Espn app same thing ...

21 - 40 of 64 Posts