DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 39 of 156 Posts

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Yeah internet outages happen from time to time. Just wait until the first time a major outage happens on a Sunday. Lots of people won’t be able to stream their Sunday game. 😆 Satellite or Cable are still more reliable than a stream anyday of the week. Wake up DIRECTV and retain Sunday Ticket for christs sakes.

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Just because DIRECTV didn’t negotiate to keep Sunday Ticket doesn’t mean they can’t negotiate to retain it. Unless a streaming service negotiates it to be exclusive, I am hopeful that it opens up for multiple outlets including Satellite and Cable.

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Oh and for those of you who are hoping an outlet like ESPN+ gets Sunday Ticket, they just announced another price hike by $3 beginning August 23rd. Streaming services going up as time passes. Everytime you turn around another price hike.

· Registered
1,330 Posts
I get it. It’s all about the $$$$. But when you move to a service that noone has where is the revenue gonna come from? People are leaving netflix a streaming service. Just read a long article the other day where people are leaving streaming services left & right because they are finding out it’s not what they expect. Content Content Content is where it’s at. People are realizing you can’t get everything all on one service, you have to have multiple accounts for streaming. One person in a family might like movies, one may like sports. It’s not all in one place the way DIRECTV or Cable can deliver. People are finding this out and coming back to Linear TV.

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Yeah I have seen those reports. I don't believe it will happen. Every subscriber the other service would sell NFL ST to would be one less subscriber they would gain with their substantial investment.
I’ve seen the reports about streaming and I think they’re inflated. Noone wants it because it’s unreliable and the price will go up for streaming over time just as Cable & Satellite rates have.

· Registered
1,330 Posts

· Registered
1,330 Posts
That is something that will almost certainly change when Sunday Ticket moves to a streaming service. Those who have been getting it free will have to either pay or give up the package.
I will give up the package. For the record I have paid for NFL Sunday Ticket every year since I have had DIRECTV that’s since 1997. This is the only year I won’t have to pay for the NFL Sunday Ticket because they’re giving it to me free this year (Loyalty Gift) When the NFL moves to all streaming i’m finished trying to watch my favorite out of market team. I will just get the score from my phone. I won’t switch to streaming. Won’t do it. When all programming moves to streaming, I’ll dust off my old radio & go back to listening to radio before i’ll stream. I refuse to pay $300 a season to try to watch an NFL game that buffers every 15 seconds, starts & stops & jumps back to LIVE action all because internet speeds in my area are BAD.

· Registered
1,330 Posts
As pointed out to you before, your issue is with your internet provider...PERIOD. Progress isn't going to stop just because you want it to.
To me taking NFL games off of television to move to an internet streaming service isn’t "progress" at all. All you pro streamers will find out that the NFL is making a foolish mistake by moving the "out of market" NFL Sunday Ticket package to streaming. Now if the deal is an exclusive one where the option to view NFL out of market games is only streaming there will be a lot of good folks who will not ever be able to see their favorite team anymore. If they open it up where other providers can access the package well then that’s giving people a choice & that choice should be available. There are still too many people not set up to stream.

· Registered
1,330 Posts
The NFL & Roger Goodell better re-think this whole move to streaming. The NFL Sunday Ticket needs to somehow stay with DIRECTV. It’s a ridiculous business move. Open up Sunday Ticket to people who want to stream, leave it on DIRECTV for people who have it that rely on it.

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Fine then! Let a streaming service have NFL Sunday Ticket. But don’t let it be an exclusive deal and take it away from customers who are set up with satellite accounts. Open it up for everyone on every available service. For cryin’ out loud. GEE WHIZ MAN how hard is that to understand? And don’t take the package away from residential customers. As I said not everyone is set up for streaming and they are finding this out with Bars & Restaurants. Not everyone is a college student walking around with an ipad everywhere they go who can stream on a device. For Gods Sake!

· Registered
1,330 Posts
The NFL wants NFLST to be a streaming product. DIRECTV, through either of their offerings, simply can't deliver the eyeballs that the NFL wants. No amount of reasoning, pouting or complaining about one's bad broadband situation is going to change that. The NFL wants their money but they have no interest in working for it nor are they interested in managing multiple contracts or, heaven forbid, viewers.

Whether or not a deal can be worked out with the winner of the bid and one or both of the DBS companies is entirely undecided since the contract hasn't been let. Chipping away at exclusives is typically not in in the best business interests of the party holding the exclusive. I really don't think anyone can cut a fat hog off a few thousand(?) residential DBS subscribers.

That DIRECTV may or may not be trying to cut a deal with Amazon will be of no use if Apple wins. The one glimmer of hope is that the NFL doesn't seem to be opposed to a sub-deal.
“A few thousand residential subscribers”? Better check your figures again. DIRECTV still has 14.6 million subscribers as of 2022. Still a lot of people and many of them have remained with DIRECTV because of NFL Sunday Ticket. There are a lot more than just “a few thousand” subscribers my friend. And not only does DIRECTV have NFL Sunday Ticket, there’s MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass, & NHL Center Ice they still provide for sports fans.

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Not Sunday Ticket Related. But NBC just announced that they are moving the very popular soap opera "Days Of Our Lives" to Peacock. A program that has been on NBC Network for nearly 6 decades (57 years). On just my local NBC Affiliate’s Facebook page alone the comments are overwhelmingly against this move. Fans of the show are steaming mad and JUST wait. Sports Fans are going to be Mad As HELL when all these sports start moving to streaming. This is just the START. Mark My Words. You can call it pouting all you want. People are GOING to be MAD! Folks everywhere are going to be against moving popular programs and sports to exclusive streaming. They are starting to in a way force people to stream and it’s not right and not gonna fly!

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Meh. Yes, people are going to be mad. They will be in denial. They will bargain… they will get depressed. But eventually, they will accept the move. You know, typical stages of grief.

You seem to be somewhere between anger and bargaining. Eventually, you will accept the inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People aren’t gonna stand for it. They’ll boycott the streaming service is what will happen.

· Registered
1,330 Posts
I can’t wait until Sunday Ticket somehow stays with DIRECTV & yeah it probably will be on a streaming service too BUT I am gonna believe it will stay on DIRECTV. Then all of these comments will all be for nothing. I am betting it stays.

21 - 39 of 156 Posts