DBSTalk Forum banner
661 - 680 of 993 Posts

·
Icon
3,508 Posts
Yes its an issue every time I attempt to use fox sports app I have to re authentic. So have to go (name of app).activate.com or some random site, choose D* as my provider .Then enter the random characters. Evey single time ... super annoying

Fox sports , espn and other apps all the time
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Icon
3,508 Posts
There's a fox 4k game tomorrow, guess what I'll be doing in an hour when the internet comes back ... re authenticating...

Stteaming is annoying so much easier to press 703 or a channel number than choose between multiple apps and remembering 15 different logins ... when the internet works ..

Reactions: AZ.

·
Icon
3,508 Posts
Guess I'll fix it in the morning now since internet still down. Thank goodness my DirecTV works ...

·
Icon
3,508 Posts
Can we agree not all areas have FTTH fiber broadband, I wouldn't be complaining if I had a choice of broadband

Unfortunately I'm in a part of va beach where docsis is my only option, no tmobile no vzw 5g or LTE home broadband option ... im stuck paying $120 for trash service . In 2 years LUMOS fiber should be here! But thats 2 more years of suffering from docsis

Amazon fire stick 4k

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I am starting to accept it. The NFL Sunday Ticket will move to streaming. For an out of market fan like myself I won’t see the team I have always watched. Can’t do anything about it. There is another posting about they are gonna put a game on Amazon on Black Fridays. I don’t get Amazon. Oh well for all you who have great wi-fi congratulations and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
I don’t have fiber either and you don’t need fiber to stream. Virginia Beach is a lot more populous of an area than I am in. Seems weird the only provider in your area is Cox and it also seems strange if it is as bad as you say since they are a nationwide large ISP. And the fact it is Docsis has no bearing on anything. Docsis is fine.

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
Amazon fire stick 4k
What speed is your Cox internet service rated as? Do you have a decent router in your residence? Do you stream things via Ethernet or wireless. If wireless is the wireless coming from the Cox box or from your own router. If you have a router what make and model is it. Are you at all familiar with setting up a network? Some of your issues actually could be coming from places other than your ISP service.

·
Icon
3,508 Posts
It's hard wired ethernet

I have a home run line from the outside "TAP" to a D3.1 modem then going to a netgear router . They have re ran the line from the pedestal to the tap 3x same garbage service

The Amazon fire stick is hard wired cat 6. (Everything hard wired except cell phones) definitely not my inside wire definitely the ISP ...

I have (gig-a-trash ) speed ..but get no where near that speed

Are u done ... I'm tired of explaining my ISP is trash and streaming is not for everyone...

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
This is probably only an issue if you're using a web browser and not using its build-in credentials manager. Most streaming devices cache credentials for a long, long time. Some credentials even seem to survive re-installation of the app.

Some prefer having their viewing choices categorized but I acknowledge the attraction of a unified UI.
Yeah, it's pretty rare to have to re-enter credentials.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I am starting to accept it. The NFL Sunday Ticket will move to streaming. For an out of market fan like myself I won’t see the team I have always watched. Can’t do anything about it. There is another posting about they are gonna put a game on Amazon on Black Fridays. I don’t get Amazon. Oh well for all you who have great wi-fi congratulations and enjoy.
Just curious - what NFL team(s) do you follow? I seem to recall you follow a bunch of MLB teams.

·
Icon
3,508 Posts
Yeah, it's pretty rare to have to re-enter credentials.
No its NOT i have to re authentic all the time.

Here is proof just connected my Phone hotspot went to fox app and it's asking me to sign in. Espn app same thing ...

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
It's hard wired ethernet

I have a home run line from the outside "TAP" to a D3.1 modem then going to a netgear router . They have re ran the line from the pedestal to the tap 3x same garbage service

The Amazon fire stick is hard wired cat 6. (Everything hard wired except cell phones) definitely not my inside wire definitely the ISP ...

I have (gig-a-trash ) speed ..but get no where near that speed

Are u done ... I'm tired of explaining my ISP is trash and streaming is not for everyone...
Well I was attempting to try to help. Obviously you don't want help. You want to complain about it.

·
Icon
3,508 Posts
I dont believe I ever asked for help . Thanks 4 trying

·
Godfather
954 Posts
yeah and force people to buy more equipment spend more money. It’s crazy.
Wow, you just keep stretching it out further and further. Even the highest price Apple TV device costs less than many people are paying monthly for Directv and you can buy a cheaper Roku, Firestick, or Google Chrome for less than $30.

Here's some advice...when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!

·
Premium Member
25,286 Posts
That’s okay. I’ll do without the NFL if & when I can’t get out of market games on DIRECTV. DIRECTV has other programming other than football. The NFL is becoming very expensive anyway & I am starting to rethink paying to see it after this season. It’s been a nice run on DIRECTV. The best picture possible. When it goes to streaming and bandwidth becomes an issue and watchability what I am gonna call it isn’t as great as DIRECTV has provided, the NFL will see the mistake they’re about to make if it does move to wi-fi reliability. They are gonna lose a very loyal viewer but hey the sun still comes up in the east and sets in the west :)
Since the nfl gets their tv money even if no Jen watches I actually don’t think they will notice or care at all if they lose you as a subscriber to sunday ticket. They get paid either way.

661 - 680 of 993 Posts