DBSTalk Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

· Icon
3,700 Posts
I dont believe I ever asked for help . Thanks 4 trying

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

· Icon
3,700 Posts
I'm sure we already know this but D* may be showing the Amazon TNF games for restaurants and businesses...

· Icon
3,700 Posts
i went by the Dish booth at the Wisconsin state fair.. they of course , tried to get me to switch.. i asked if they had Sunday ticket..they said NO >.but D* won't have it either next year .. and they were just about dancing about it..they were speaking with GLEE...
Different sport but would have asked if they got Dodgers or Red Sox or NBA games in 4K lol (which they don't) .

· Icon
3,700 Posts
GB fan in VA . I dislike that more GB games are on local FOX (PQ not as good and no on screen fantasy alerts )

There were a few years i didn't have NFL ST but think i have had it most of my 20 + years with DirecTV .

I also love Andrew Siciliano version of RZC better

Tried the other version years ago when I lived in another location and wasn't the same energy.

· Icon
3,700 Posts
Agree I hope Andrew Siciliano keeps his job!! He's the GOAT

Reactions: TJNash and b4pjoe

· Icon
3,700 Posts
But that's exactly it. Right now, maybe streaming won't work for you, but it's getting better all the time. In two years you'll look back on this discussion and realize that it was pointless. I remember watching Netflix 10 years ago and the buffering issues was annoying? Now? It's like watching anything else, you go to it and it just works. Sure, EVERY once in awhile there could be an issue, but I get rain fade with DirecTV too, actually much more often than I get buffering on streaming these days.
In 2 years hopefully I'll be able to get fiber from lumos !

Reactions: Steveknj

· Icon
3,700 Posts
This would be an app-level thing and while nobody's currently supporting such surfing features, it should be trivial to add two or three channels to the recents for jumping among more than two channels.
Would this work with multiple chrome tabs open ?

Don't use the online much so not sure if it has rewind features

· Icon
3,700 Posts
I am betting someone is gonna get into Roger Goodell’s ear and whisper "streaming all the games will not work right now" maybe not right now, but in 10-15 years maybe. That is what I am guessing. Bars & Restaruants won’t have the bandwidth to show all the games that’s why the DIRECTV deal with them. But even for a lot of residential customers it won’t work either. And that has to be addressed.
I hope someone is telling him that too

Steaming stuff not 4 everyone!!

· Icon
3,700 Posts
That would be messy indeed.
Some have like 4 computer screens so a tab/different game on each screen

· Icon
3,700 Posts

· Icon
3,700 Posts
And I talked about New York Yankee games in earlier posts. Their fans are very unhappy about some Yankees games being exclusive to Amazon. They have been ripping the Yankees all season because they’re missing regular season games because of the streaming. Sports is for LIVE Television not for streaming. The Yankees went through the trouble of creating the YES Network specifically to show Yankees games and then they move some of their games to Amazon. That’s just bad business.
Agree its awful

· Icon
3,700 Posts
On my planet, tabs all appear in the same window.

I'm not sure how having four computer screens is going to meet the needs of a larger group of viewers.
Was thinking how a lot of use D* viewers have multiple STBs(to view multiple games) . and with NFL ST your only allowed 1 log in per account ... (doubt that will change but anything is possible) so the way to view multiple games is to log into the 1pc and have multiple tabs open ...

With folks working from home I imagine a lot have more than 1 monitor...

You can click and drag the tabs to each monitor ...

just trying to think outside the box ...

But I do agree most want to watch on a TV not on a computer...

· Icon
3,700 Posts
Gotta love streaming crap
And this device is hard wired ethernet

· Icon
3,700 Posts
You have gig service and get that? What does your provider say when you complain?
Nothing they send an idiot out to re run the line from the pedestal to the tap its still trash .

Did fcc complaint nothing

Hopefully in 2 years Lumos fiber will come

· Icon
3,700 Posts
watching the game on Prime.. very poor picture quality.. if this is what Amazon calls what they are doing as "live and current.." they better stay out of the live tv sports betting industry( I don not bet) .. the quality is bad.. picture went out many times during pre game.. not hd quality..
Agree streaming is awful

· Icon
3,700 Posts
a little off topic but just noticed the NFL ST feeds have SAP !!

This is cool but then when GB got switched to my local fox i lost the SAP ...
i guess my local WVBT doesn't have SAP

· Icon
3,700 Posts
When I was watching on 713 it was working
But then the MIN BUF OT game ended so I got the blackout message ... (on 713) so I had to tune to my local WVBT

When I pressed SAP on my D* stb it was just English but a lower volume . I also tried via OTA same issue.

On SNF (wavy also owned by nexstar) it was both English and Spanish audio via SAP

So I'm guessing its an issue at my local WAVY/WVBY station

· Icon
3,700 Posts
I bet YTTV won't give discounts like D* does

41 - 60 of 64 Posts