DBSTalk Forum banner
141 - 153 of 156 Posts

· Registered
1,330 Posts
as the teams are part owners of the RSN's will they push for one team blackout free streaming? and demand an % cut of it?
From what I understand. MLB could buy all the Bally Stations… now just my opinion when they do…MLB could end their blackouts. It’s gonna happen in baseball one way or another. 99.9% my man! It will be nice to pick up all the feeds 👍

· Registered
1,330 Posts
There are at least four exceedingly large companies that have professed interest NFLST at one time or another that we know of: Apple, Amazon, Disney and Google. I have no doubt that one of them will be able to strike a deal with the NFL.

DIRECTV, on the other hand, has publicly proclaimed a resounding hell no on the subject of an NFLST exclusive.
Time will tell

· Registered
1,330 Posts
That is true.

For the record. What is your prediction for Sunday Ticket on DIRECTV? Commercial accounts (DirecTV for Business) only? Residential accounts? Any restrictions? Let's get your prediction on the record so you don't weasel out when time tells. :)
You do know that a prediction can be wrong and that’s all it is. I think there could be a co-exclusive agreement where say an Apple and DIRECTV both have NFL Sunday Ticket in some form. And if it doesn’t go that way well then my prediction would be wrong. 🤷‍♂️ we already know Bars & Restaurants won’t be able to have internet bandwidth to stream all the games. Look we will just have to wait & see. Going into November & Week 9 of the NFL Season this week already and the clock is ticking. That is all.

· Registered
1,330 Posts
DIRECTV isn't even bidding on it. I guess you think playing hard to get will convince the NFL to beg DirecTV to take it back?
There are a few articles where DIRECTV could reach out to the winning bidder to keep NFL Sunday Ticket. It just won’t be exclusive to them anymore. And that has been discussed in earlier posts on here.

· Registered
1,330 Posts
And the winning bidder that paid top dollar for an exclusive could tell DIRECTV to go pound sand. Which seems to be a more likely scenario.

Why isn't the NFL trying to sell it to multiple providers on a non exclusive basis? Could it be because it would bring in less money than they can get for an exclusive?

Or why doesn't Apple just agree to pay $2 billion for it and then sell multi-exclusive shares for a half billion dollars each to 6 providers. Apple would make $1 billion profit without selling a single subscription?
Well this is America and companies or anyone for that matter are free to try & make all the money they can within the limits of the law. So there you go. You might be on to something b4pjoe. You ought to pass your idea along to Tim Cook at Apple.

· Registered
1,330 Posts
There is exactly one article (CNBC) and it cites Roger Goodell as the source of this rumor. In any case, the NFL would not be party to such an agreement between DIRECTV and the winning bidder so he's talking out of school at best.
Let’s just wait and see what happens. Every post on here is really speculation as to what happens with NFL Sunday Ticket. Nothing is finalized, nothing has officially been announced. If it moves to streaming then so be it. I think we could all agree on one thing. That the NFL announces something pretty soon so people will know where it’s going.

· Registered
1,330 Posts
What I would like to see happen is a co-exclusive arrangement possibly between 3 companies. DIRECTV, Apple, & one other company Amazon, Or Google, or YouTube. Open Sunday Ticket up to everyone whether it be streaming or satellite. Each pay the NFL’s asking price of $3 Billion total. $1 Billion splitting the cost 3 ways by each company. That way the package is available in some form to everybody. Wouldn’t that make sense? I know I know it probably won’t happen that way. But at this point we’re not seeing anyone signing and last I heard Apple and the NFL hit a snag over the distribution rights something about the blackouts. Then there is the issue of getting subscribers after a deal is signed. Whoever gets the package will need to sign up a lot of subscribers to get back a $3 Billion dollar investment all by themselves . $3 Billion. Just think about that for a moment. That is whopping for a television deal. Open the package up for everybody. Why is this so hard?

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Sunday Ticket will stay with DIRECTV for 6 more weeks. And then?
Your little birdie will be done singing.

If you are willing to make a prediction BEYOND the end of the season do so.
Otherwise vague statements are just trolling.
Everyone here thinks some streaming company is going to jump at Sunday Ticket. But Not One of them has yet. One of the richest companies in the world which is Apple has even said not so fast. So until then anyone posting here still has nothing but just blah blah blah.

· Registered
1,330 Posts
The NFL has made it abundantly clear that they only want to deal with one company. Inventing nonsense terms like "co-exclusive" isn't going to make it fly.
By the way I did not “invent” that term “co-exclusive” I read it in an article about DIRECTV possibly reaching out to the winning bidder to have that sort of arrangement where they could keep the package for people who don’t have reliable internet service yet.

· Registered
1,330 Posts
What DirecTV wants to do is the point, for whoever gets the contract, what would they want to do.

Second, how would DirecTV know how fast everyone’s Broadband is?

Do they look at a map and say that person lives out in the country, their broadband must suck.

I live in a rural area yet I get 1g down, again, how would DirecTV know that.
Good Question. I have no idea. All I know is my area here in Extreme Rural Mississippi does not have it. There are roads here that are still gravel if that tells ya anything. Not even Black Top.

141 - 153 of 156 Posts