DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be getting my DISH installed next weekend. Does anyone have BYU TV and is it automatically included in the channel lineup or do you have to make a special request for it? Does it cost extra?

Thanks.

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. i thought I had read somewhere that it needed something "special". I guess it could have just been having to be on Dish 500.

Thanks again.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
John,

I think what you have heard is true for Directv. With Directv you must have an elliptical dish (18" X 24") dish to receive BYU TV, NASA, and some other public interest stations (and other subscription services as well).

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Also if interested, there is the BYU Radio channel on 980 which is included in AT100 above.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
You can also get BYU radio and the rest of the STEREO audion channels 950-981 for $4.95 a la carte.

BYU is located at the 110° location. So a Dish 500 or a dish pointed at 110 is absolutely necessary. I don't think you can get a new dish system without a Dish 500 anymore anyway. There are a few other channels included in AT50 and higher that require a Dish pointed at 61.5 or 148, but they aren't much to look at. :)

See www.dishchannelchart.com or http://ekb.dbstalk.com/143

See ya
Tony

G

·
BYU-TV is a "PI Channel" (Public Interest). PI's are included in all basic packages and there are different PI's on each satellite. As mentioned above, BYU-TV is on 110 (as well as several other PI's). The rest of AT-50 is on 119. Add a 61.5 or 148 dish and you'll get the full slate of PI's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.