DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
AllStar
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a C31 Client which I had planned on just having sit on top of a wall mounted TV. I purchased 90 degree adapters for the coax and hdmi - but I was surprised to see that the power connection actually protrudes a couple of inches straight back

Does anyone know of a 90 degree adapter or some other option. It is certainly not the end of the world - but I would like to have it sit further back...

Attachments

·
Hall Of Fame
3,588 Posts
Have you tried letting the C31 sit vertically instead of horizontally, and hiding it behind the TV? Many people have posted that the IR receiver on it is pretty good and it will still get a signal if it is hidden behind the TV (sees the signal bouncing off the walls/ceiling).

·
AllStar
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the way it looks just sitting on top of the tv like that. I see they do have 90 degree adapters - it will just be a matter of finding the correct one. Also I already purchased the 90 adapters for the hdmi and coax

I really find it hard to believe that DTV would make such a small unit like this and that have that stupid power cord...

I need something like this - I was hoping someone has already been down this road and knew which one to buy

Attachments

·
Hall Of Fame
6,724 Posts
It looks like one that is in that link I posted.
You'll just have to know what size is used.
Typically, they are sized by the voltage of the equipment.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,716 Posts
Beerstalker said:
Have you tried letting the C31 sit vertically instead of horizontally, and hiding it behind the TV? Many people have posted that the IR receiver on it is pretty good and it will still get a signal if it is hidden behind the TV (sees the signal bouncing off the walls/ceiling).
Or he could just get an RF remote & not even have to worry about the IR range; they can easily be had for less than $20... ;)

·
Legend
225 Posts
Shades228 said:
You may want to look into a mounting kit once they're available.
To switch gears slightly.......

Does anyone have any idea as to release date for the wall mount bracket for the C31 Thin Client

I had heard late November Early December but dont know how accurate that estimate was and it was 2 months ago

Just wonderin'

·
Hall Of Fame
6,724 Posts
lzhj9k said:

Does anyone have any idea as to release date for the wall mount bracket for the C31 Thin Client

I had heard late November Early December but dont know how accurate that estimate was and it was 2 months ago

Just wonderin'
I hear that Velcro would work.:)

·
King of Awesome
1,158 Posts
lzhj9k said:

Just wonderin'
I haven't heard anything about this lately...everyone I've spoken to has been using velcro. It's light enough where it will hold on to the back of a TV with nothing else but that.

·
Dry as a bone
12,566 Posts
Beerstalker said:
Steve said:
+1. The C31 supports RF as well, if I'm not mistaken.
Perhaps you two didn't read what he wrote??

Git said:
I like the way it looks just sitting on top of the tv like that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.