DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
8,071 Posts
harperhometheater said:
I see the C31 is listed again at SS for $99. That's a bit more than I'd have expected so I guess I'll just keep what I have.
And don't forget its only a lease price too;

You have to return the unit if you leave DIRECTV.

Same lease-pricing model as used for an HD STB receiver (non-DVR) I think.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
225 Posts
SS has just a few of the C31's at this time..

No Accessories yet (WallMount Bracket or SD Composite 10 pin Dongle)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,050 Posts
lzhj9k said:
SS has just a few of the C31's at this time..

No Accessories yet (WallMount Bracket or SD Composite 10 pin Dongle)
Not sure about the wall mount but the H25 cable/dongle works for the C31. I'd guess the wall mount would as well.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
"harperhometheater" said:
I see the C31 is listed again at SS for $99. That's a bit more than I'd have expected so I guess I'll just keep what I have.
Way too expensive. At max, for $100 more (likely a lot less), you can have a full blown HD DVR with its own tuners.
 

·
The Shadow Knows!
Joined
·
37,060 Posts
RunnerFL said:
Not sure about the wall mount but the H25 cable/dongle works for the C31. I'd guess the wall mount would as well.
The wall mount for the H25 is too big for the C31.
 

·
The Shadow Knows!
Joined
·
37,060 Posts
raott said:
Way too expensive. At max, for $100 more (likely a lot less), you can have a full blown HD DVR with its own tuners.
But is it the size of a paperback book and dead silent?
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
225 Posts
Yes the wall mount bracket for the C31 is smaller than the mount for the H25 and the C31 mount does not have the place to mount the external RF Antenna as it has built in RF
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
Stuart Sweet said:
Then... don't get one.
Pardon me for having an opinion that it is too expensive. I won't get one at that price. Unlike some here, I actually have to pay for the equipment that is in my house and $100 is way too pricey for a box with no built in tuners or storage that probably cost $25 or less to produce.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
2,680 Posts
raott said:
Pardon me for having an opinion that it is too expensive. I won't get one at that price.
Nobody criticized you for having an opinion.

The price is too expensive for your needs. For other people having a small, silent client, that can be easily hidden behind a wall mounted TV, it might be worth double the price.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,588 Posts
lzhj9k said:
Yes the wall mount bracket for the C31 is smaller than the mount for the H25 and the C31 mount does not have the place to mount the external RF Antenna
I believe the C31 has RF built in so it doesn't need the external RF antenna, therefore it doesn't need a spot for it on the wall mount.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,588 Posts
veryoldschool said:
Make your belief a fact.
I'm using RF without any additional antenna.
I wanted to, but then I figured something goofy would happen like DirecTV releasing a C31-500 from a different manufacturer that doesn't have RF built in and someone would call me a liar :lol:
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
809 Posts
raott said:
Pardon me for having an opinion that it is too expensive. I won't get one at that price. Unlike some here, I actually have to pay for the equipment that is in my house and $100 is way too pricey for a box with no built in tuners or storage that probably cost $25 or less to produce.
Probably less than $10.
 
1 - 20 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top