DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Legend
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the ViP622 come with component and HDMI cables?

I will need one of each to connect my sound and plasma. I have decided to switch to Dish for HD service from my old SD DirecTivo next week and want to make sure I have the parts ready.

Thanks

·
Legend
149 Posts
sthor said:

I will need one of each to connect my sound and plasma. I have decided to switch to Dish for HD service from my old SD DirecTivo next week and want to make sure I have the parts ready.

Thanks
They do not come with the unit, and it will be hit or miss if the installer has them, or if he does you will need to probably buy them. I'd just get some and be responsibly prepared, keep the receipt, and if the tech has some for cheaper or can give some to you (do not expect) then return the store bought ones and get $ back.

·
8 Posts
sthor said:

Thanks
When my service was installed November 1st, the (sealed) box for the 622 and 211 contained component cables in a sealed plastic bag. Some installers will offer HDMI cables to you (sometimes free of charge, but depends on installer). Of course each also contained composite cables. Both the component and composite cables were of good length.

BTW, first post here -- long time reader, great forum!

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
:welcome_s tsc

I do believe that they do come with composite and component cables.

·
Legend
108 Posts
Like chocolate, you can never have too many HDMI cables. You can order inexpensive ones from monoprice.com, cablesforless.com, and newegg.com - to name a few. All of the inexpensive HDMI cables ($17-$25, 3-10 feet) I have bought work fine. It is nice to have a spare to troubleshoot HDMI problems, which a lot of people have with the 211 and 622, for example.

·
Godfather
430 Posts
My HDMI cable and a component video cable was installed FREE of charge buy my installer. Southern Hospitality at its best!:)

·
AllStar
97 Posts
My guy told me that they used to inclucde component cables but now they just give you the cheap yellow video and red/white audio cables. He gave me a decent component cable for free anway as he wanted to see the HD working properly. Bought an HDMI cable for peanuts on monoprice.com.

·
Mentor
42 Posts
Rommel said:
My installer did not give me any cables. The composite and component cables came with the 622. I unboxed it myself.
Me too. While the installer was outside replacing the pan with the new dish1000 bowl, I opened the 622 and 211 and component cables where in the box.

JAB

·
Legend
188 Posts
You have to keep an eye on installers. They don't make much money on each job, so many of them cut corners or swipe parts. My last installer ran off with my old dish, LNB, and a splitter that I didn't need... until later. It took them two more trips to point the Dish 1000 properly. And I needed the splitter for our 942 in the other room.

Lesson: Open the box yourself and make sure you know what parts are yours.

:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.