DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mentor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of switching back to Dish.
I know their DVRs just like TWC (that I have now), use 2 cables (inputs) for viewing / recording of 2 channels.
I have 2 cables going to my current TWC DVR and will try to maintain that room as a DVR with Dish.
I'd like to add a HD DVR in my living room for the new HDTV I have.
However, I only have 1 RG-6 outlet going to that TV right now.
Is it possible to put some sort of splitter between the outlet and TV so that a HD DVR would work there?
It will be too hard to install a second cable there... well, I just don't want to deal with it if possible.

·
Legend
219 Posts
If you use Dish pro plus equipment you only need 1 cable to a dual tuner dish. each reciever has to have at least 1 cable going to the dish and cannot be split.

·
Mentor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, well before when I had DirecTV, I bought some sort of "approved" splitter for it. There was only 2 cables coming from the dish's LNB's. They fed in to this splitter (for lack of a better word). I then ran cables to 4 TVs, one being a DVR, so 5 cables coming out of it. Maybe Dish has changed drastically?
So in your example, I'd have 4 cables coming from the LNB's on the Dish Network dish to feed 4 receivers (2 std and 2 DVR). Does that sound right? I thought they all still only had 2 cables coming from the dish.

So does anyone have any drawings / diagrams of a typical installation like I've described?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,182 Posts
If you are referring to the 'RG-6 outlet to the that tv' as the output from the receiver to the tv, you will need to replace the wiring to either HDMI or component cabling, The coax output from the 622 is downrezzed sd and not an HD output. If you are referring to it as the input to the receiver, then DishProPlus with a seperator will feed both receiver inputs.

·
Icon
627 Posts
ClaytonD said:
I'm in the process of switching back to Dish.
I know their DVRs just like TWC (that I have now), use 2 cables (inputs) for viewing / recording of 2 channels.
I have 2 cables going to my current TWC DVR and will try to maintain that room as a DVR with Dish.
I'd like to add a HD DVR in my living room for the new HDTV I have.
However, I only have 1 RG-6 outlet going to that TV right now.
Is it possible to put some sort of splitter between the outlet and TV so that a HD DVR would work there?
It will be too hard to install a second cable there... well, I just don't want to deal with it if possible.
Yes this is possible. Your installer will do this. They don't want to run another cable either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.