DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mentor
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my HR20-700 unit a week or so now and last night (and it continues today) that the caller id that was working, now says that we do not have it activated and need to call our telephone provider (or words to that affect)

Any ideas ?

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
I apologize if you have tried this, but see what happens if you turn the notification off, then back on. That has brought mine back to life once or twice.

·
Registered
12,591 Posts
glennb said:
Mine works fine.

It didn't work at first. I got a software update that fixed it, and it's worked fine ever since.
That's how mine was, too .... didn't work until a software update a few weeks back. Still seems to be flakey for some folks, though.

·
You make it, We break it
4,480 Posts
litzdog911 said:
That's how mine was, too .... didn't work until a software update a few weeks back. Still seems to be flakey for some folks, though.
Interestingly, I only get the error when calls come in from telemarketers, private callers, 800 numbers etc. Calls from people we ACTUALLY might want to talk to show up fine. As far as I'm concerned, this feature works great. :D

·
AllStar
62 Posts
Mine still isn't working. Worked exactly once in the past 1.5 - 2 months I've had this thing. Tried resets, clearing the log of the one call, turning caller ID on/off/on, off/on/off, etc. Maybe it will work with the EB build, but there was no explicit mention of fixes to CID in the release notes. Still not a showstopper for me, but it would be handy if it worked.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,017 Posts
I know some people don't like when you post just to say your's is working, but I will anyway. Mine has worked almost 100% of the time since I got it Friday Oct 13th (maybe that's a lucky day for me as we closed on our house on a Friday the 13th). Anyway, sometimes I will get the, "Please subscribe" message, but that's maybe happened 5 times that I know of. Also, sometimes nothing will come up, but again, that's only happened a handful of times. The vast majority of the time it pops up and accurately displays the number. My only wish is that it popped up faster. It usually takes 2 rings before it pops up, so if I wait for it, by the time I find the phone, it may be too late. Oh well, I love that it comes up on the screen as I won't answer the phone unless I know who it is, so being able to decide without getting up is great.

Sorry if I'm just rubbing it in, but there are boxes that CID works. Hopefully it still will after I get the new update and hopefully everyone's will soon.

And FWIW, I have the DSL filters on mine and it's split in two behind the tv (for the HR20 and R10) and it's split from a line in our basement using these clamp on adapters for each of the four wires in the line.

·
Mentor
43 Posts
Mine worked with an H20, but when I got an HR20 that would actually boot, the caller ID doesn't work on it. Get the message that I need to call my phone company to activate caller id. Which I already have!

Hopefully this 0xeb update fixes it, or the replacement unit I get works with it.

·
Legend
197 Posts
It didn't... See "Caller ID Software glitch"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.