Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mentor
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all.

I just got my new service finally installed. The wait with no television was a killer!

So, I got a standard reciever in the bedroom and a R15-300 for the living room. I plan to upgrade to HD sometime next year.

Anyway, caller ID does not work in either location. I have verified the jacks are active and working normally with a phone call.

Any ideas? I am sure that it's something I did. The entire house is in constant remodel...

Thanks!!

Dave

·
Icon
3,493 Posts
not the best suggestion but make sure the caller id is enabled on the r15, sometimes it might have been turned off.

suggestion 1
connect a phone with caller id directly to your vonage modem and see if that works,

if yes than i believe its the reciever, try reseting it,

if no than its an issue with your vonage system

suggestion 2
make sure your other provider does not still have voltage runing throught your house. check the ONT on the side of your house and make sure the phone jacks are disconnected to the land-line provider.

suggestion 3
make sure your vonage is connected to a wall jack

sorry if i didnt have the best suggestion but those are just a few troubleshooting steps i could think of.

·
Legend
219 Posts
Does anybody know if the Caller ID works with wireless phone jacks? I have the RCA models that I have always used for my HR10-250s without issues for the receiver call-in functions. However, the R15 says that it detects a call, but that I should contact my service provider to turn on Caller ID. Obviously, I do have Caller ID and it works with my wireless phones (although they are connected directly to the "real" phone jacks in my house). I have also tried restarting the R15 many times to no avail.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,790 Posts
monetnj said:
However, the R15 says that it detects a call, but that I should contact my service provider to turn on Caller ID.
I've had that bug pop up a few times with wired jacks. I doubt it has anything to do with you wireless jack. It's more likely the R15's buggy caller ID function.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.