DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
Just another data point. Mine has worked about 99% of the time since it was installed on Oct 13th. I say 99% because a handful of times, I've got the "please subscribe" notice, but the vast majority of the times it works and with the new update, it even displays faster (between the first and second ring as opposed to after the second ring with previous updates).

ETA: phone company is Cincinnati Bell and I have the line for the HR20 split off a line in the basement with these clamp on things I got at Radio Shack. That goes to a DSL filter, then to a splitter, and then to the HR20 (and R10). So probably not the ideal setup, but it works.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
Andrew_J_M said:
Mine worked for about ten calls after I got the box in early October and hasn't worked since even though I cleared the cached list.

When it did work I found it fairly useless as the phone would ring, I'd hit pause on the remote and the status bar covered up the caller id message. Duh!
Hit pause before the info pops up :)

Personally, I love it and I'm glad mine works great. With an 11.5 year old daughter, you never quite know where one of the two handsets will be, so unless it's for me, I just don't answer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.