DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Godfather
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two HR20's installed last week ,now caller id not working on both of them.Called D* they asked if I had oxfa software ,told them yes .They said this problem was fixed with latest software download and they would fed ex two new units.Everything else works fine ,has anybody had any issues with caller id?

·
Godfather
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just cleared call list & caller id enabled.Also just put in new phone line. Did system test everything passed including phone line.

·
Godfather
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also find it odd that both units not working, do you think I should get new ones from D*,they told me they would be new not refurbished?

·
Godfather
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bonscott87 said:
I have to ask....why would you even consider asking for a new receiver if the only thing wrong is something so minor as caller ID? Given the problems other people have if the only thing not working for you is caller id I'd say you have good and stable receivers and shouldn't mess with fate.
You are right,I'm not going to get new ones.My luck the new ones would probably have major issues,and I'd be in the same boat as alot of other people .

·
Godfather
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Reggie3 said:
House was built in 96' - Don't want to screw up DSL so I don't know what removing the filter will do. Have not read enough on DSL to know what the filters function is.
I have ATT DSL,I ran a seperate CAT5 line to telco box for my DSL. Then ATT came out and installed hole house filter on their side of telco box(no charge),I was then able to take off individual filters off all phones and both HR20's. I did this because my previous tivo and D*receivers would slow my DSL line , now I have no problems 6MBPS. Faster DSL line,the greater the interferance with phone line,the individual filters don't work to good with faster speed,and D*receivers will slow DSL to a halt.

·
Godfather
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Reggie3 said:
House was built in 96' - Don't want to screw up DSL so I don't know what removing the filter will do. Have not read enough on DSL to know what the filters function is.
I forgot to mention if you don't use filters you will be unable to talk on phone due to interferance from DSL line

·
Godfather
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Reggie3 said:
what if I just take off the filter to the HR-20
then the dsl line will interfere with your HR20,meaning when you order a pay per view it will not work,interferance from DSL line. I tried that with my old Tivo,that would update the guide thru phone line and it would fail without dsl filter.but since the HR20 updates thru the dish ,I guess it doesnt matter about the phone line anymore(if you dont order PPV)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.