DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· AllStar
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two HR 24 -500's and having problems with one of them with caller ID.

It has worked fine for several months, and now it stops working and I have to do a soft reset to get it to work again. Works for a few days, and then the same deal. The one in the bedroom works fine.

Anyone seen this?

· Premium Member
11,520 Posts
larryah said:
I have two HR 24 -500's and having problems with one of them with caller ID.

It has worked fine for several months, and now it stops working and I have to do a soft reset to get it to work again. Works for a few days, and then the same deal. The one in the bedroom works fine.

Anyone seen this?
Yes, repeatedly with both my HR24-500s. Caller ID comes and goes like the weather.

· Legend
116 Posts
Same here.....the HR24-500 definitely has caller ID issues. Over the past few years, I've previously had a HR20-100, HR21-200 and HR22-100 w/ no caller ID problems at all.

Some sort of hardware/software issue because a reboot usually fixes it, but only temporarily. Directv has failed to address this problem with the HR24-500.

· Hall Of Fame
1,610 Posts
Count me in also. I have 3 HR24-500s. The caller ID works fine one 1, sometimes on the 2nd and never on the 3rd. If I physically move them around the trouble stays with the receiver not the location.

It has been this way since day 1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.