DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would Like To Know If Anyone Is Having A Problem With Caller Id I Have Caller Id With My Phone Service But When I Hooked Up A Working Phone Line To The Back Of My Hr20 On The Tv It Says Incoming Call- Shows No Phone Number And Says --- Call Your Phone Company For Id Service---- Like I Said I Already Have Caller Id-- Any Help Would Be Great.

· DBSTalk Club Member
146 Posts
Caller ID does this on my HR20's sometimes too. If I go to menu>help & settings>setup>info & test and run a system test it starts working again for a while.

· AllStar
58 Posts
I have had this problem once. I have also had it not show up at all a few times. But most of the time it works just fine.

However, does anyone know if there is a way to have it popup for a few seconds and then go away without having to press select?

· Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did Menu Than Help-settings-info And Test I Ran Test Frist Time At End Of Test It Said Phone Failed Than It Said Try Again --- I Ran Test A Second Time And Again It Came Up With Phone Failed--- Is It Just A Bug In The Hr20 Or Can I Try Something Else ????

· Mentor
32 Posts
Mine works fine for the most part. Try plugging the phone into the line you are putting into the HR 20. Maybe the line is bad from the wall to the hr20. I had a problem with the phone line splitter I was using.

· Registered
12,607 Posts
russrosemarie said:
Did Menu Than Help-settings-info And Test I Ran Test Frist Time At End Of Test It Said Phone Failed Than It Said Try Again --- I Ran Test A Second Time And Again It Came Up With Phone Failed--- Is It Just A Bug In The Hr20 Or Can I Try Something Else ????
Most likely it's the known Caller ID Bug.

· DBSTalk Club Member
146 Posts
russrosemarie said:
All of mine pass the phone test, so you should verify the phone line and jack you have it plugged into is working properly. I guess it is possible that the hardware is bad, I do not know if there is a bug where the phone test fails on a known good line. Maybe Earl or one of the other mods know more...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.