DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the box for almost a month now and the caller is pretty flaky. 75% of the time it says something about contacting your phone to sign up for Caller ID. I've verified that when a call comes through my number phone picks up the caller ID, but not on the DirecTv STB.

Is this common or uncommon?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Both... common and uncommon

A little birdie has told me that this issue maybe change to heavily uncommon very soon.

·
Legend
176 Posts
I had the same problem with mine until I put the DSL filter on the line. Then it stopped working briefly until I reset it, since then no problems. You will also get that message if you don't let it ring enough. The HR20 takes a litttle longer to pick up the id than the phone.

The long I have this feature the more I like it. I can now decide whether the call is worth getting out of my recliner to look for the phone.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Both... common and uncommon

A little birdie has told me that this issue maybe change to heavily uncommon very soon.
Mine worked from Day 1. I hope your little birdie doesn't change what already is working.;)

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
Caller ID only worked once on my HR20 on the first day I set it up over a month ago. Since then I just get the "You must subscribe to Caller ID ...." message. I recently added a D11 Receiver to my system and its Caller ID works fine, even connected to the exact same phone jack as my HR20. Go figure.

·
Godfather
690 Posts
No problem with mine....

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
Mine was flaky one day, occasionally not showing a call.

It has been perfect the rest of the time.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
367 Posts
Working great for first 3 weeks but not today. Weird.

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
winterminute said:
I've had the box for almost a month now and the caller is pretty flaky. 75% of the time it says something about contacting your phone to sign up for Caller ID. I've verified that when a call comes through my number phone picks up the caller ID, but not on the DirecTv STB.

Is this common or uncommon?
My Caller ID works flawlessly. As does everything else I've tried, with the exception of "Highlights on Demand."

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.