DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Godfather
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Caller ID is still not working withOx10b, I still get that subscribe message.Is anyone else still having same problem with Caller ID?

·
DBSTalk Club Member
32 Posts
mridan said:
My Caller ID is still not working withOx10b, I still get that subscribe message.Is anyone else still having same problem with Caller ID?
I have Vonage telephone service and I have the same problem...although some calls display correctly most do not.

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
Still no Caller ID for me. I have really good DSL service, so I'm starting to wonder if the voltage is actually too high on the phone line for the HR20.

·
AllStar
67 Posts
I have an H20 and an HR20 connected to the same phone jack with splitter, the H20's caller ID has always worked while the HR20's never has.

·
RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
266 Posts
Mine worked great on both my H20 and HR20 before my HR20 puked and died after only three days.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
Mine has always worked. Maybe a few times I get the "subscribe" message, but I haven't seen that in at least a month or longer. I'm glad mine works. I love it.

·
AllStar
91 Posts
Mine is still not working either. I took DSL filter off the line and low and behold it started logging calls and notifying, something it has never done. Only thing is it logged 4 calls and went back to "must subscribe" notice. Shame cause I love it too when it works!! My R15 worked fine on same line before this!!!
Frank

·
12 Posts
My caller ID still doesn't work and I was angry. Then I realized it wasn't a big deal since I'm really just beta testing this thing. I really miss Tivo, but I want the locals in high-def. The HR20 kinda sucks, I'll just have to live with it. Maybe 34 software revisions from now, the Caller-ID will finally work.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Mine works, but I turn off the messages. I also have a DSL filter. I have caller ID on my phone.

Not thrilled about seeing caller ID on my HD tv.

I'm sure thats why I have a caller ID phone.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
581 Posts
Mine works, so far now. I have a DSL filter. I have caller ID on my phone.

I am thrilled about seeing caller ID on my HD tv. This way I do not have to get up to answer if it is a salesperson

·
Legend
197 Posts
FWIW Have you tried different phone lines? I changed mine "3" times... Works great now...

·
Icon
798 Posts
mridan said:
I'm still having trouble since OX10b also. It does not give me that bogus
subscribe msg.....it does not display any incoming calls(yes the option is on)
This seems to be one of those "majic" features....now you see it, now you
don't:lol:

·
Mentor
40 Posts
Mine will tell me I must subscribe to Caller ID, after three/four rings and my answering maching picks up by then. It would be a nice feature, particularly if it popped up on the first or second ring. Caller ID on the phones works great, so I don't really need it on the TV screen but it would be nice if it actually worked. This applies to 0xFA, 0x108 and 0x10b that I've used so far.

·
Godfather
439 Posts
I've had a perfectly good phone connection to my HR20 simply stop working several times. I test the line with the HR20 and the phone line test fails. I plug a phone into the line and hear no dial tone. I unplug the cable from the wall jack, then plug it in again, and 95%of the time the line will then work with an audible dial tone. How do I know my phone line has gone bad? The phone rings and the HR20 does NOT pop up a caller ID notice.

BTW, this phone line never failed for the 5 years I had my non-HD DirecTV PVR plugged into it.

·
Legend
212 Posts
Mine's never worked since day 1 (October). Have DSL, so might try pulling filter to see if it works without it. FA,108,10b nada. Box has been stable 95% of the time.

·
AllStar
88 Posts
Mine has never worked since I got the HR20 back in September. Got the must subscribe notice. Now after latest update I don't even get that now. I used to have 3 other receivers including an H20 hooked up where the HR20 is and they all worked 100% of the time.:mad:

·
7 Posts
Just posted in the other forum trying to get an idea of how to fix this. Posting here just to let you know I have the same issue. I got the update, and lost my caller ID, which had worked perfectly prior to the update.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.