DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is up with some of these MLB Teams that have high camera angles for games. St. Louis started this last year for games at Busch Stadium. Now This Year Boston has started doing it for NESN Games at Fenway Park and Now The Twins have the high camera angle at the Metrodome. What's going on? I don't like this new Camera Look. I hated when ESPN did it back in the 2000 and 2001 seasons. Is this some Bulls*it that all teams are going to start doing for there TV broadcasts? :mad:

· Legend
117 Posts
Msguy said:
What is up with some of these MLB Teams that have high camera angles for games. St. Louis started this last year for games at Busch Stadium. Now This Year Boston has started doing it for NESN Games at Fenway Park and Now The Twins have the high camera angle at the Metrodome. What's going on? I don't like this new Camera Look. I hated when ESPN did it back in the 2000 and 2001 seasons. Is this some Bulls*it that all teams are going to start doing for there TV broadcasts? :mad:
Certainly is a different perspective. Could be they are trying to get better insight on balls and strikes, but often the plate is blocked. What I really dislike are the various "strike zone" boxes the broadcasts use. I don't know what they are trying to prove, as it seems half the time a strike is called when it appears outside the box. The 'expert' broadcaster then either ignores the visual or makes some weak comment. Or, sometimes the same pitch location is a ball, then a strike - and again, usually no comment. This box is just technology for technology's sake, it's likely never calibrated, and offers practically nothing to the game.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.