DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Cool Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have dish 1000 with the 211 HD receiver and the vip622 DVR. With all of this discussion of distant networks, is it possible for me to "move" only one of my receivers to Cleveland?

My goal is to obviously obtain the network feeds from the Eastern time zone. At the same time, not losing my LA HD locals.

I just switched from D*, where I've had the waivers in place for years. The Dish folks told me I would "probably" be able to get these, but in light of recent events, I doubt my waivers will be approved.

Thanks all!

· Hall Of Fame
3,182 Posts
Most of the sd locals are on spotbeam, unless you are close to Cleveland you will not see them. If LA is the locals in question, you should have no problem (I do not believe LA is on spotbeam. Also, locals are not split up, you would probably need each receiver on a different account.

· Cool Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I live near LA, so those would be the locals I would want to keep, in addition to "moving" and receiving Cleveland network locals, so I could obtain the East Coast feeds. I have an address in Cleveland as well.

I see what you are saying though, I will probably call Dish and have them move me that Cleveland address, and still keep one account here active. I can let them know I don't need an install in Cleveland, as I can do it myself.

Thanks

· Super Moderator
54,194 Posts
You would need separate accounts. One for each market - and the "distant" market would have to be on ConUS feeds (or a spot that also reaches your real location). (There is no guarantee that any market will remain ConUS after December 1st.)

The pairing of a ViP-622 and a ViP-211 would be interesting --- you would have to make a choice which market you wanted to be able to record. You would not be able to record both (unless you got a second ViP-622).

Really a complicated way of going about it ... depending on how you got your 211 (probably leased?) dropping it from one account and then trying to re-lease it on another would be "interesting" to juggle with the CSRs. Seems like a lot of hassle and expense.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.