DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· AllStar
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this afternoon my HR20 was recording a show when I came home. An hour or so later I sat down to watch the recording only to be greeted by a 'searching for signal'. The circle of blue lights which i always turn off was on so i figured something was amiss.

Did a signal check and EVERY transponder showed 0 on both tuners.
My dish is on a tripod so I went and checked that it was aligned (Pen marks on the concrete) and all was ok.

Rebooted the HR20 twice (red button once, power off for 10 min the second) still nothing.
I took out my old HD receiver (non DVR) and hooked that up, same deal zero on every transponder.

Weather in the area is high cloud, light breeze, about 85 F

Could my dish be broken?

· Hall Of Fame
4,787 Posts
sabex said:
this afternoon my HR20 was recording a show when I came home. An hour or so later I sat down to watch the recording only to be greeted by a 'searching for signal'. The circle of blue lights which i always turn off was on so i figured something was amiss.

My dish is on a tripod so I went and checked that it was aligned (Pen marks on the concrete) and all was ok.

Rebooted the HR20 twice (red button once, power off for 10 min the second) still nothing.
I took out my old HD receiver (non DVR) and hooked that up, same deal zero on every transponder.

Could my dish be broken?
Your dish didn't break but it sounds like your LNB quit working.

· Hall Of Fame
6,417 Posts
sabex said:

Could my dish be broken?
Zero on every transponder on two different receivers points to a common element as the dish, chances are, being tripod mounted, it is knocked out of alignment. Even with your marks, it takes so VERY little movement. Only other common piece would be the LNB/multiswitch.

· Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
Johnnie5000 said:
I've broken many many dishes while doing upgrades. Generally by throwing them off a two story roof. Can't help it, it's fun. :icon_hroc
i used to do the same thing to picture tubes from televisions

· AllStar
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, if it is the LNB then the timing is pretty good. I am moving in a few days and am getting a whole new dish with the Movers program in the new place - so I am only without TV for a few additional days!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.