DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Cool Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a current Dish suscriber and have quite a few recordings archived on 2 two TB external hard drives. I own my 3 722k receivers and was thinking of possiblly switching providers. I was wondering if I turned off Dish service would I still be able to play my EHD's through one of my 722k receivers without having Dish service?

· Hall Of Fame
3,182 Posts
Nope, once you cancel your account the EHD would not be active any longer. Any recordings left of the EHD will not play anywhere else since the recordings are encrypted, not only to Dish but to the account they were on when they were recorded. If you want the movies, you could take the time to record them onto a dvd recorder in real time though your active receiver.

· Icon
710 Posts
garys said:
Nope, once you cancel your account the EHD would not be active any longer. Any recordings left of the EHD will not play anywhere else since the recordings are encrypted, not only to Dish but to the account they were on when they were recorded. If you want the movies, you could take the time to record them onto a dvd recorder in real time though your active receiver.
How is that done?

· Cool Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. Not exactly what I wanted to hear. Too much to dump to DVD in real time. Apologies for posting in the wrong forum too (realized it after posting questions about Hopper upgrades).

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,604 Posts
moman19 said:
How is that done?
There is a highly technical process called "dubbing" that must be employed. There have been numerous detailed explanations on DBSTalk.

Search is your friend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.