DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mentor
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of you out there are shaking your heads at this question, but to make a long story short, I alread have an HDVR2 and an HR10-250, plus the new HR20 I just got this week all being hooked up to one TV. I'm fine with the HR10 just recording OTA. But it appears that I need to have at least one tuner connected to the HR10-250 for it work properly.

So at this point, I can live with one turner on the HR20, but when I do that, it keeps telling me its searching for a sat. signal. Is that going to cause me more problems down the road or not?

(And yes I've thought about a multiswitch, but that's another story.)

Thanks

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
BigDawg said:
I know a lot of you out there are shaking your heads at this question, but to make a long story short, I alread have an HDVR2 and an HR10-250, plus the new HR20 I just got this week all being hooked up to one TV. I'm fine with the HR10 just recording OTA. But it appears that I need to have at least one tuner connected to the HR10-250 for it work properly.

So at this point, I can live with one turner on the HR20, but when I do that, it keeps telling me its searching for a sat. signal. Is that going to cause me more problems down the road or not?

(And yes I've thought about a multiswitch, but that's another story.)

Thanks
Most def. I used mine that way until the installer came to hook up the MS. Reset the system, and it should detect that it's using only one tuner. And make sure its the #1 input, I believe. Someone else may know. But it does require a reset. That's how I got mine to get rid of the searching for sat message.

·
Mentor
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That might have been my problem. Now that you mention it, the recv. was looking for Sat #1 at first. I think I must have had in it in #2. So I switched it and I didn't see the message again.

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
BigDawg said:
Thanks. That might have been my problem. Now that you mention it, the recv. was looking for Sat #1 at first. I think I must have had in it in #2. So I switched it and I didn't see the message again.
Great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.