DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mentor
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,,,I've read a lot of the posts about the distants offered by NPS-America Direct...Most of the posts are about current Dish Network subscribers trying to get distants,,,,If I open a NEW Dish account and my service is in a "white" area, will NPS-America Direct provide distants to me, or is their service only for previous/current Dish Network subscribers who lost their distant networks?

·
Godfather
256 Posts
NYSatelliteman said:
Hi,,,I've read a lot of the posts about the distants offered by NPS-America Direct...Most of the posts are about current Dish Network subscribers trying to get distants,,,,If I open a NEW Dish account and my service is in a "white" area, will NPS-America Direct provide distants to me, or is their service only for previous/current Dish Network subscribers who lost their distant networks?
NPS has their own client base. DISH was just kind enough to "recommend" to any customers who lost their locals that they join up with NPS for them. Qualifying for DISH doesn't mean your qualify for NPS and vice-versa.

·
Hall Of Fame
21,331 Posts
As long as you have a Dish box, active or not, NPS will sell to you. Of course this also assumes that you have a dish pointed to the correct slot in the sky and qualify. ;)

·
Mentor
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Richard King said:
As long as you have a Dish box, active or not, NPS will sell to you. Of course this also assumes that you have a dish pointed to the correct slot in the sky and qualify. ;)
Do I not need to have a Dish subscription of any kind then? Or could I just buy a Dish receiver, give NPS the receiver number and smart card number, and for $9 a month receive the San Francisco and Atlanta locals?

·
Legend
171 Posts
Zero327 said:
NPS has their own client base. DISH was just kind enough to "recommend" to any customers who lost their locals that they join up with NPS for them. Qualifying for DISH doesn't mean your qualify for NPS and vice-versa.
Check with NPS to make sure you qualify for the DN's before you go out and purchase a Dish receiver. You may think you live in a white area but since they go on zip code, part of that zip code may be in a class B area and the whole zip code won't qualify.

·
Mentor
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
James Long said:
No E* subscription is required.
I thought NPS matches a potential subscriber with a Dish master list,,,,So, I can just call NPS, give them a zip code, and if it is deemed a white area zip, I am given distants?....It would seem very easy, then, to get distants even if not officially qualified, no? (Meaning I don't live in a white area, but simply give NPS a white area zip).....If I am officially not qualified, and subscribe to DISH, but I give NPS a diferent white are zip code, my receiver and smart card number, they turn me on? It seems so if they don't check with DISH, right?

·
Super Moderator
53,881 Posts
NPS qualifies people BY ADDRESS (not just zip) via Decisionmark. Your subscription status with Dish Network has NO BEARING on whether or not you qualify for distants via NPS.

(Although NPS did take a partial customer list from E* and ran it through Decisionmark in advance - for those customers NPS would know the minute you called instead of needing to run your address again via Decisionmark. Still ... one's status with E* does not mean a hill of beans when it comes to qualifying with NPS.)

·
Hall Of Fame
2,580 Posts
Has anyone actually received distants without a Dish account? Here is my "lengthy" email to NPS.

Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2006 11:53 AM
To:
Subject: RE: Service Requirement

yes

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 3:25 PM
To: Questions
Subject: Service Requirement

Do you require an active account with Dish Network to receive distant networks?

·
Super Moderator
53,881 Posts
Looks like the CSR answering email needs an education or a different job.

An E* account is NOT required.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.