DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mentor
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to pick up a SWMLine and wanted the guys who install for D* in my area to install it. They have not been trained yet and dont want to be responsible. My question is can I just buy the rest of the dish, install the system, and have the installers bring out the receivers for me? or would I have to buy them all?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,056 Posts
Put up the SWMLine dish; go with the "new customer package"; when the guy shows up with your stuff, tell him that you only need the cable runs and the receivers. He should get paid for everything and will not care.

When it is all done, call DirecTv and get program credits for having your own dish.

·
Dry as a bone
12,566 Posts
techrep said:
Put up the SWMLine dish; go with the "new customer package"; when the guy shows up with your stuff, tell him that you only need the cable runs and the receivers. He should get paid for everything and will not care.

When it is all done, call DirecTv and get program credits for having your own dish.
Yep, no different than if you moved into a house that already had a dish on the roof, but you were a new customer.

·
Mentor
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I can buy the the dish piece buy piece for a lot cheaper than buying the whole thing since I dont need the LNB.

This will be a pole mount so.....

Ive already found the reflector, the elevation mounting bracket, so I think this is the only piece I need, does anyone know where I can find it (with the arm).........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.