DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay - I'm new at all this. I have cable connections throughout my home. I have 2 in the living room where TV1 is (I'll refer to them as LV1 & LV2). It was originally installed on the LV1 outlet and my master bedroom. I want to move it to the one across the room LV2 and keep it in the master. I looked at the connection outside. The satellite is hooked into a 2-way splitter with the current rooms coming out of it.

I tried taking out the LV1 cable and putting in the LV2 - that didn't work.

I tried making the master the TV1 and moving the remote TV2 - that didn't work.

Would it need a 3 way splitter to work - or do you have to set up the installation settings differently when you move it around? Do you reset the factory settings?

Please help!

·
Hall Of Fame
1,105 Posts
No, JMay, don't reset anything in the 622. Once the 622 "sees" a SAT connection, you can move it to any hot connection regardless of any settings. What you need to do is track down, and make that LV2 connection hot, so it's receiving the same feed as your LV1 connection is, then just move and reconnect your receiver.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kdg454 said:
No, JMay, don't reset anything in the 622. Once the 622 "sees" a SAT connection, you can move it to any hot connection regardless of any settings. What you need to do is track down, and make that LV2 connection hot, so it's receiving the same feed as your LV1 connection is, then just move and reconnect your receiver.
I only have a 2 way splitter on my satellite connection. Currently LV1 and the Master are connected. When I take out the LV1 and put in the LV2 it says there is a problem with the switch box configuration. Do I need a three way splitter then to make sure LV1 is active even though I'll be using LV2 instead?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,972 Posts
Are you talking about the cable from the dish to the receiver or the RF output from the back of the 622?

If we are talking about the dish to receiver run, you cannot split it at all, it must go through a switch or direct to the receiver.

·
Icon
1,029 Posts
Jmay,

I think it would help if you precisely describe your system. There really aren't splitters in the system. You may have a separate switch. DP21, DP34 DPP44. Take a look at it and see which one you have.
Which Dish do you have? Dish 500 or Dish 1000?
Is there a switch and if so, which one?
Where do the cables from the switch run? If no switch, where do the cables from then antenna run?
The 622 needs two inputs from the dish because it has two Satellite tuners. It also has an over the air (OTA) tuner that can use an external TV antenna to receive OTA broadcasts.
THe 622 also has a Coax cable output on the back to feed a remote TV.

The description you have given with LV1 and LV2 is confusing since we do not know if these are actually cables connecting directly to the satellite dish or switch or whether these are just internal room to room connections. Hopefully you can give us a little more description.

..Doyle

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,865 Posts
DoyleS said:
I think it would help if you precisely describe your system.
I second that!
You may have a separate switch. DP21, DP34 DPP44.
The ViP622 located in TX suggests that we're talking about a Dish1000 setup (although this is not assured by any means)
The 622 needs two inputs from the dish because it has two Satellite tuners.
The ViP622 typically does not use two satellite wires.

I'm guessing that there is some diplexing going on somewhere (the splitter reference). Digital photos of the wiring near the back of the receiver, the splitter and the dish(es) would be helpful.

Perhaps easier would be a digital picture of the ViP622 check switch screen. This would tell us just about everything we need to know. Alas, with only a handful of posts, DBSTalk.com isn't going to allow pictures or links.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.