DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now my bill is due the 30/31st of the month. Can I permanently change that to say the 18th of each month? If so, do I have to call or can it be done online? Thanks.

·
Icon
868 Posts
Indiana627 said:
Right now my bill is due the 30/31st of the month. Can I permanently change that to say the 18th of each month? If so, do I have to call or can it be done online? Thanks.
Sure you can. Send a check or pay online on the 18th after your bill gets sent out on the 10th.:)

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
there used to be a work around but its not pleasant. I had to suspend my account for about 60 days 2+ years ago and when getting ready to reinstate it I was able to choose the turn on date and tie bill date to that.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
David MacLeod said:
there used to be a work around but its not pleasant. I had to suspend my account for about 60 days 2+ years ago and when getting ready to reinstate it I was able to choose the turn on date and tie bill date to that.
ya, but that no longer applies. sorry

·
Premium Member
25,276 Posts
curt8403 said:
regular (Non Telco) accounts CANNOT change the BILL CYCLE date. End of Discussion
Ah, why is that? You are blanketly saying no credit cards or anything can have their cycles changed and I'd like to know how you know this and why it is?

·
6 Posts
I'm with cariera. What's preventing you from just paying it on the 18th every month, 12 days before the official due date? Seems like a non-problem to me. Or, if you have a credit card with a billing cycle you find more agreeable just change to autobill to the credit card.

·
Dry as a bone
12,566 Posts
I purchased a new vehicle in August. My bill is due on the 25th of each month. I called to see if I could move it a week and have it due on the 2nd or 3rd of the following month (since I usually get paid on the 30th).

They told me I could move my due date 2 weeks either direction once I've established at least 5 months of ontime payments.

Doesn't mean D* can do it, but it does show that companies (some) can and will change the due dates.

·
DaBears
6,085 Posts
D* will not change your billing cycle. There are some cases where bundled accounts got changed so the months were inline with the telephone company's billing cycle but if you call in to ask there is no way for a CSR to do this.

The best option is to just pay your bill when you can. If your due date is before you can pay it then the only thing you can do is 1 month pay double and then keep a rolling credit on the account.

·
Icon
1,028 Posts
I just wish they would auto-deduct on the due date not the billing date. It makes it hard to keep DTV from charging you for a billign error when they are deducting the payment at the same time you see the bill.

·
Legend
238 Posts
Have them auto bill your credit card and then change the payment on your credit card date to when you want it, or just pay 12 days early on the 18th like mentioned before?

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
I changed my credit card due dates before, just called and asked.
I don't think this woud be a big deal, you might have to pay a month and a half's bill and then have the nxt bill skip to the middle of the month.
I wish they'd give yo a discount for paying for a whole year at once, my old Cband was like that, you pay or a year and get a month free.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wanted to make the change due to our recent move and our new financial situation. I'm just trying to even out when all our bills are due. But many of you are right - I should just pay it on the 18th instead of waiting until the last day. Why didn't I think of that???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.