DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering this question. I have wiring for three rooms in my house, living, bed, and the loft. About 4 years ago I got Comcast internet so the signal was only being pumped to the loft. 8 months ago I got Comcast cable TV so the signal was being piped to all three rooms. If I go back to DTV, can they splice in the bedroom lines and leave the loft line alone? Will I continue to get Internet without issue? Will DTV work without any interference?

· Éminence grise
8,457 Posts
The cabling for all of the rooms goes to some central point and you will find one or more splitters there. At that location, connect the incoming cable to the line to your loft and use the bedroom/living room lines for Directv. Since it will be completely independent of your cable internet line, there will be no interference.

· Hall Of Fame
3,071 Posts
To restate what Bob said.........know that "home run wire route" is what is required. You ot the tech will do whatever is necessary to get a continuous line from the receiver to the dish or multiswitch.

Having said that there is on the horizon a single wire multiswitch (SWMS) that will allow splitters...but that is a story for another time.

You have a plain vanilla installation. Without HD or DVRs it could be an ez deal.

Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.