DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to schedule and record NFL Sunday Ticket games? I am considering subscribing, but I will typically not be able to watch the games live... just want to make sure I can record these games just like any other programming.

Thanks

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,882 Posts
MikeR7 said:
Only the SD feed though, not the HD feed.
Sigh. Once again this is not true. It is a market by market thing and they can all be different. Why do people constantly misinform on this subject? (not getting on you personally Mike).

HD feed *may* be blacked out and is supposed to be, but it might not be.
In my market the CBS HD local game is not blacked out but the Fox HD local game is.

Don't be surprised if it's blacked out. If it's not then bonus.

· Legend
249 Posts
MikeR7 said:
Only the SD feed though, not the HD feed.
That would explain why I can watch all the HD games on ST, ever week.

Not that I'm complaining mind you! Even if it was compressed and whatnot, the ST games still look & sound way better than what I get OT.

· Legend
249 Posts
bonscott87 said:
Sigh. Once again this is not true. It is a market by market thing and they can all be different. Why do people constantly misinform on this subject? (not getting on you personally Mike).

In my market the CBS HD local game is not blacked out but the Fox HD local game is.

Don't be surprised if it's blacked out. If it's not then bonus.
I guess I'm a lucky one then, cause I've never been blacked out (at least on HD feeds) on any NFL game with ST since I've had the package and it was broadcasting alot of HD games on D*.

· Icon
574 Posts
bonscott87 said:
You're right, it varies from market to market. The opposite happens out here in the LA market, the CBS HD game is always blacked out while the Fox HD game is never blacked out (at least for the last 2 years on ST).

· Icon
689 Posts
paco1986 said:
You're right, it varies from market to market. The opposite happens out here in the LA market, the CBS HD game is always blacked out while the Fox HD game is never blacked out (at least for the last 2 years on ST).
So to answer the OP's question, yes it is possible to record the ST games in HD. You'll just have to be vigilant in determinging if the game you want is being carried by your locals, in that event record that channel to avoid any possible blackout isssues in ST.

· Icon
808 Posts
Will Game Search (like MLB EI) be available for Sunday Ticket? If so, would a recording on a blacked-out channel automatically be switched over to one that is not blacked-out, if available. (ie, local Fox or CBS rather than NFL ST feed)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.