DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cool Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And what setting on the TV itself? It's not an HD TV but it has settings for widescreen and regular. And also has 16:9 and 4:3 ratios.

The reason I ask, is that I need a new DVR box, my R15-500 blew out (lost a bunch of recorded shows - sigh). If I need a new receiver thought I might as well get an HD DVR and maybe I can afford a new HD TV later this year.

·
Cool Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe the specs for their current HD DVR unit also shows S-Video out.

And no, I do not currently have HD programming. I figure to get an HD DVR *NOW* and get the actual HD television sometime later.

·
1*
10,289 Posts
"WalkGood" said:
I believe the specs for their current HD DVR unit also shows S-Video out.

And no, I do not currently have HD programming. I figure to get an HD DVR *NOW* and get the actual HD television sometime later.
If you do that you will still have to subscribe to HD service and pay the $10/month fee. You can get the fee credited back if you decide to use AutoPay to pay your bill.

- Merg

·
Godfather
748 Posts
But, what if his local channels are in MPG 4? Then he would need a HD DVR to have any DVR service.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.