DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,675 Posts
dpeters11 said:
Wouldn't he want to get the receiver ID? I thought the access card number was a moot point, as the old one can't be used.
Yes, and the best thing for him to do is find "owned" HRs on eBay or Craigslist. Get the Receiver ID number and call the Access Card folks at this number: 877-887-7994. Direct line to them. Usually no waiting. They will be able to tell you for sure if the HR is "owned" or leased. Not many owned HRs showing up on eBay lately. The seller's insist they are owned, but calling the Access folks usually results in being told it's leased. Most of the leased HRs won't be activated by D*.

Rich

·
Premium Member
36,675 Posts
dishrich said:
ANY time you activate a new receiver/access card on your account, you automatically extend your contract 2 years (regardless if it's SD/HD/DVR, etc.) so if that's a problem, you may as well stop now.

However, if you want to only replace your existing HD receiver with an HD DVR, you might be able to talk D* into moving your existing access card, into a used receiver, which YOU will have to somehow find, & make SURE it's NOT a leased unit. I should tell you that while I have gotten the access card dept to move cards to different receivers I had, they generally will NOT do this nowadays - so it's a VERY longshot you're going to be able to make this happen, either.

good luck
I think that's incorrect. If you buy an "owned" HR and buy the Access Card and activate it, it does not extend your commitment.

Rich

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.