DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AllStar
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have the 522 DVR and it is hooked up to 2 tvs right now. I can record 2 diffrent shows at the same time.
I just got a DVD recorder with a 160 GB HD. It can pause live tv, etc.
My question is, is there a way to connect this DVD recorder to my existing system so I can record on the HD or the DVD recorder?
If yes, then how.
It has a tv turner and TV guide as well.
Let me know if this can be done.
Cheers

·
Hall Of Fame
3,972 Posts
Connect it via s-video and L/R RCA audio plugs. Second best would be component video and L/R RCA Audio plugs.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,130 Posts
andy8888 said:
Hi, I have the 522 DVR and it is hooked up to 2 tvs right now. I can record 2 diffrent shows at the same time.
I just got a DVD recorder with a 160 GB HD. It can pause live tv, etc.
My question is, is there a way to connect this DVD recorder to my existing system so I can record on the HD or the DVD recorder?
If yes, then how.
It has a tv turner and TV guide as well.
Let me know if this can be done.
Cheers
Directly no, although although you can probably, connect the analog outputs and have the DVD recorder reencode the outputs as digital and record it.

True HDD via USB 2.0 has been shown and promised on the ViP 622. It may end up on some other Dish DVR's, but I don't expect on any of the older models.

·
AllStar
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tnsprin said:
Directly no, although although you can probably, connect the analog outputs and have the DVD recorder reencode the outputs as digital and record it.

True HDD via USB 2.0 has been shown and promised on the ViP 622. It may end up on some other Dish DVR's, but I don't expect on any of the older models.
Thanks. How can I do that?
Right now, I have the outputs from the DVR (1 and 2) connected to TV1 and TV2. Should I split the signial before it reaches the DVR or from one of the outputs?
I don't think that I can use one of the output since they will be controlled by the remotes of the DVR.
Let me know
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.