DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off thanks to all that reply, and I apologize if this has been posted before (I didn't find anything on my site search). In an effort to avoid sitting on hold with directv and because everyone on DBSTalk is prompt to reply, I thought I would ask this question here.

I live about 6 miles north of the San Diego county border. All of my locals are routed to Los Angeles locals. Is it possible to request from Directv to get the local channels routed from San Diego Locals. Wow I said locals alot! :grin: Anyways, I'm sure many others have gone through the same thing, but I really have no use for local news channels that discuss news in areas that are no where near where I live. If anyone has an idea of what this would cost or what I need to do, please let me know.

Thanks,

AWAX

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
EXTACAMO said:
No, D* and E* both are forced to use the DMA maps set up by the nielsen co. So what ever DMA your in that's where you get your locals from. Your only other option is an OTA antenna.
+1 Significantly Viewed has not been implimented yet.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,417 Posts
raoul5788 said:
As I have already pointed out to you, curt8403, Significantly Viewed Channels has been in use in a few areas for quite a while now. I get them here in CT.
You are one a very few. As a matter of fact the first person I have heard of with success.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
davring said:
You are one a very few. As a matter of fact the first person I have heard of with success.
yes. In the area where my parents live Sig Viewed channels would be the Idaho Falls Market, but they only get Utah (Salt Lake) channels even though Idaho Falls is closer

·
Legend
128 Posts
If you add an AM21 over-the-air receiver to your DirecTV setup, and connect an antenna pointed toward San Diego, you'll get both the Los Angeles and San Diego locals integrated together in your channel guide, and all recordable as well.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
raoul5788 said:
As I have already pointed out to you, curt8403, Significantly Viewed Channels has been in use in a few areas for quite a while now. I get them here in CT.
I know of 2 areas Hartford, and Baton Rouge

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
gcd0865 said:
If you add an AM21 over-the-air receiver to your DirecTV setup, and connect an antenna pointed toward San Diego, you'll get both the Los Angeles and San Diego locals integrated together in your channel guide, and all recordable as well.
Well if that's the case, that would be pretty easy to do. Thanks for the tip!:rolleyes:

·
Mentor
45 Posts
gcd0865 said:
this is just what i do. I get the charlotte locals from D* but I told the AM21 my zipcode was in winston salem because I like the CBS channel up there better, they play more football games on sunday since they don't have to abide by blackout rules like my local charlotte CBS station does.

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
lazarus2297 said:
this is just what i do. I get the charlotte locals from D* but I told the AM21 my zipcode was in winston salem because I like the CBS channel up there better, they play more football games on sunday since they don't have to abide by blackout rules like my local charlotte CBS station does.
For OTA (HR20 or HR21+AM21) you can enter two zipcodes to increase the number of available stations. It doesn't help in my area, since the DMA is much larger than in some parts of the country and I can't even receive some of the "local" stations.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.