DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· AllStar
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to have no box and thus no added fee in a 3rd room. Can the HD VIP 622 have a line run by the installer to a 3rd tv? My daughter wants to be able to watch her shows in her room or a 3rd room, while we watch our shows in our bedroom.

If possible, what do you think an installer would charge for that on the side if they came out to install the 622? Would it involve a splitter on the 2nd tv to get it to the 3rd tv? or from the 622 it goes to both other tv's?

· Banned
989 Posts
You want it to provide programming on three TVs? It's possible but you would only have independent viewing on two TVs. You would have to split the signal between the second and third rooms (the signal could be split after being decoded by the receiver but not before). However, the second and third rooms would have to watch the same programming since they would be sharing the same signal.

I'm not sure if the installer would do that or not. It would require a splitter. They may or may not have one with them.

· AllStar
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. the 2nd and 3rd rooms. I just want my daughter to be able to go into those rooms and watch whatever and it would be the same.

Could you also buy one of those triagle gismo's so that somehow the remote can work in the 3rd room, or is that impossible?

I may just have to get another receiver if its too difficult. Nothing like being a dad, so daughter can have everything.

· Hall Of Fame
3,182 Posts
Don't know anyone using those triangle things anymore. Another UHF remote would work better for less money. The triangle thing would be better if IR remote being used.

· Banned
989 Posts
garys said:
Don't know anyone using those triangle things anymore. Another UHF remote would work better for less money. The triangle thing would be better if IR remote being used.
Actually, it would be simpler just to take the UHF remote back and forth. No need to buy anything extra.

· Banned
989 Posts
Rraspy said:
FYI: Don't use the Title field to reply.

If he doesn't have a splitter, you could ask him to just run the extra lines. Then, you could go buy a splitter and hook up the lines to the splitter yourself.

· Godfather
394 Posts
chaddux said:
Actually, it would be simpler just to take the UHF remote back and forth. No need to buy anything extra.
I tried that, but it was anything but simple. Every time I would lay down in bed at night i would realize that I left my remote in the other room. I bought an extra remote through ebay for the other room...It cost me less than $20. Worth every penny. Make sure to get the correct remote! The remotes for tuner 2 works through walls.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.