DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Legend
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of switching from D* to E* because I like Sirius much better than D* XM channels. Also, their HD content is better. I chatted with a service rep last night on line via the Dish Network website and she told me the Sirius broadcasts could indeed be recorded and saved on the dvr. This surprised me because D* will not allow the recording of its XM channels to my directivo.

I was at a Sirius forum today and someone posted that their older dvr could not record Sirius. So, I am just checking here with you all to determine if I can record, save and playback Sirius on a vip622.

·
Godfather
376 Posts
shortspark said:
I am thinking of switching from D* to E* because I like Sirius much better than D* XM channels. Also, their HD content is better. I chatted with a service rep last night on line via the Dish Network website and she told me the Sirius broadcasts could indeed be recorded and saved on the dvr. This surprised me because D* will not allow the recording of its XM channels to my directivo.

I was at a Sirius forum today and someone posted that their older dvr could not record Sirius. So, I am just checking here with you all to determine if I can record, save and playback Sirius on a vip622.
I have not only recorded Sirius music on my 622 DVR but later played them back into my external DVR and burned CD's from it.

·
AllStar
54 Posts
Excellent to hear that. What format is it saved to the external DVR? Then transfering them to the computer. Are you breaking them down as individual songs or just one long set of songs? Be neat to break them down to MP3's.. I'm going to try my pocket dish tonight and see how that works.. Thanks.. Km

·
Legend
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm glad to hear that too. I called a E* local installer he was not sure but would find out. He called back a few minutes ago and confirmed that indeed you can record Sirius. I wonder why D* won't let you record their XM broadcasts to the D*Tivo?

·
AllStar
54 Posts
Just played around with recording with the pocketdish 402e. Couln't be any easier. Just using the audio outs on the 622 to the audio in on the pocketdish. Sounds great! After recording Sirius for a hour with the 622. Then just replay it and hit the stop and start on the pocketdish to record the songs one wants. It saves them in a wav file. Once I get a few of them, I can just copy them to computer to convert to MP3's.. Sure you could do it the same connecting the 622 audio out directly to the computer line in on the computer and save them as MP3's,. Neat..

·
Hall Of Fame
3,184 Posts
I recorded Sirius on my 921 and downloaded the feed digitally via the fiber optic (TosLink) output to my PC. Using Gold Wave software I made big WAV file that I can edit down into tracks and burn to a CD-R.

·
AllStar
54 Posts
Well after just playing around with it all.. It can't get any easier going straight to the PC from the 622.. There are a ton of PC recorder programs out there. I just used the line in to the PC from the 622 out. Scan through the saved recorded songs for the ones I want. Then set up the PC recording program to record in MP3. Play the saved recordings from the 622 and then with PC recording program. Stop the song when it is finished, pause the 622, save it and name the song and then go on to the next one. Sounds just incredable and very easy to do. These PC recorder programs, well save er in any format you want and at any rate.

·
AllStar
54 Posts
Michael P, big wav or MP3 file might be the way to go too.. Then just set the recorder program to start and stop for the songs you want. What optic (TosLink) sound card are you using. That is deff the way to go.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
shortspark said:
I'm glad to hear that too. I called a E* local installer he was not sure but would find out. He called back a few minutes ago and confirmed that indeed you can record Sirius. I wonder why D* won't let you record their XM broadcasts to the D*Tivo?
Probably has to do with recording rights BS. If you have a Series 1 DTiVo, a Series 2 DTiVo that has not received 6.2 or an HD DTiVo, you can record audio only channels. There is a loophole, while you can't just hit the record button, you can create a Wishlist using the name of the channel and the DTiVo will record it. This loophole was closed in version 6.2, so upgraded DTiVos are R10s aren't able to do this.

I used to do this all the time when Music Choice was on DirecTV, I'd record Metal and Arena Rock.

·
Legend
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steve Mehs said:
Probably has to do with recording rights BS. If you have a Series 1 DTiVo, a Series 2 DTiVo that has not received 6.2 or an HD DTiVo, you can record audio only channels. There is a loophole, while you can't just hit the record button, you can create a Wishlist using the name of the channel and the DTiVo will record it. This loophole was closed in version 6.2, so upgraded DTiVos are R10s aren't able to do this.

I used to do this all the time when Music Choice was on DirecTV, I'd record Metal and Arena Rock.
Thanks I may try it the wishlist thing however, I think I have the upgrade on my Dtivo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.