DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
4,992 Posts
When I signed up in 2008, I was told that I had 24 hours.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,529 Posts
With the exception of a few states that have buyer's remorse clauses, not even.

There was a short period a couple years ago where there was somewhere on the order of a 14-30 day period but that door closed hard within a few weeks.

· Legend
216 Posts
Good grief, 24 hours isn't even long enough for the equipment to stabilize. The installer even said as much.

My stuff honked like a locomotive horn for two or three days before the proper sound effect for hitting the bottom of a menu, etc. started working properly.

· Hall Of Fame
3,585 Posts
This varies from state to state. DirecTVs actual policy I believe is that as soon as the tech activates the receivers you are on the hook for however long the equipment lease is (18 months for SD receivers, 24 months for SD DVRs or any HD equipment I believe).

DirecTV's policy is overrided by state consumer protection laws though. So if your state says you have 24 hours then DirecTV has to give you 24 hours, if you state gives you 14 days then DirecTV has to give you 14 days, etc.

So to answer this question you really would need to look into your own state's laws. I'm not aware of a site/thread that lists them so it's easy to find out. Maybe that wouldn't be a bad idea for a sticky thread somewhere around here if someone wanted to put together a list and keep it updated?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.