DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cool Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got a call from Ironwood tonight cancelling my install scheduled for tomorrow. I wasn't really surprised. The gentleman said they had no HR20s, hadn't received their shipment last week, and were unable to have any divereted from Best Buy. He said that since I was being so reasonable, they would put me on their "priority" list and schedule me as soon as they had equipment available. No definite date.

At least they called the night before instead of tomorrow. I'm a little disapointed sinceI tomorrow is a holiday for me and now I will most likely have to take vacation time to accomodate the installer.

But, it's only TV after all.

·
Legend
132 Posts
Maybe I got one of the last ones on Friday. ;)

The guy actually called me to come over earlier. That was a nice surprise.

My uncle called 3 weeks after I ordered mine (back in Sept) and he got his installed 2 weeks before I did. Not sure how that worked out, but it was nice for him.

·
Banned
5 Posts
I got canceled twice here, but I let Iron wood know that if they get one in, I'm an EASY install, I've already run cables, they just need to point the dish. I did reschedule for Nov 2nd, but by being nice and placing the blame clearly on DirecTV and being understanding with Ironwood, They said they could likely work me in when they get HR20s.

·
Cool Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just an update -- I got a call today about 3:45 from Ironwood saying they could fit me in this afternoon. Luckily I could get off work early, so I could meet the installer at 4:30. He was done by 6:15 (he only had to install the dish and activate the receiver). The only glitch was a loose connector in the existing cable taht caused tuner 2 to fail. He replaced all F connectors, restarted and voila. Downloaded the new software and everything is well, except for the FF bug on Mpeg4 locals.

·
AllStar
77 Posts
induna said:
Just an update -- I got a call today about 3:45 from Ironwood saying they could fit me in this afternoon. Luckily I could get off work early, so I could meet the installer at 4:30. He was done by 6:15 (he only had to install the dish and activate the receiver). The only glitch was a loose connector in the existing cable taht caused tuner 2 to fail. He replaced all F connectors, restarted and voila. Downloaded the new software and everything is well, except for the FF bug on Mpeg4 locals.
Funny, as I followed up with them as I hadn't heard anything, and I was told that they were completely out of stock and that they wouldn't be getting any in until Tuesday (24th). Glad they are being straight with me.:mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.