DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
AllStar
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. This is the 2nd time this has happened. I have a R-15 (100) I hit the record twice or go into the menu to do the series link or whatever it is. It shows the R)) next to all the programs, when you click LIST and the yellow button to go into the to do, it shows all the episodes, etc. for 2 weeks, all days, all shows, etc. For example, my wife has days of our lives, so it shows all the shows at noon, every day, I have CSI, and so on, today she came to hit list to watch her show, it's not there, nothing is there. We check the 'history' it shows not recorded or canceled on all items. I have tried the reset, and others, it does fine for about a week, then stops all shows, etc. and now when I hit the record twice or try series link, it does nothing, it just has one R, no longer a R)). I cannot get it to work. Ideas?

·
Hall Of Fame
2,473 Posts
Are you trying to record CSI on CBS and another station? The R15 at this time doesn't allow you to have to SL with the same name. That is why one station lets your do the R)) and then other only lets you do R). The only way to get around this is to setup a recurring manual record on the second station.

·
AllStar
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cabanaboy1977 said:
Are you trying to record CSI on CBS and another station? The R15 at this time doesn't allow you to have to SL with the same name. That is why one station lets your do the R)) and then other only lets you do R). The only way to get around this is to setup a recurring manual record on the second station.
No, just one CSI, that is it, CSI, NY, I do not do any others or on other channels, and the days of our lives for my wife, they just disappear, and show 'not recorded' in history now. This is the 2nd time. I called directv, they actually sent me a new receiver and it has now done it on this one too. they tried updating the software but that didn't work, and from what I see here, I HAVE the newest version, funny they wouldn't know that...........

·
Hall Of Fame
2,473 Posts
leier911 said:
No, just one CSI, that is it, CSI, NY, I do not do any others or on other channels, and the days of our lives for my wife, they just disappear, and show 'not recorded' in history now. This is the 2nd time. I called directv, they actually sent me a new receiver and it has now done it on this one too. they tried updating the software but that didn't work, and from what I see here, I HAVE the newest version, funny they wouldn't know that...........
Ok, then maybe this is the issue. When this happens and it says that the show is canceled is there anything else recording at the same time that does record? If so it could be that one of your tuners or cables is failing.

Also you can try deleting the SL from the prioritizor and then add it back.

·
AllStar
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cabanaboy1977 said:
Ok, then maybe this is the issue. When this happens and it says that the show is canceled is there anything else recording at the same time that does record? If so it could be that one of your tuners or cables is failing.

Also you can try deleting the SL from the prioritizor and then add it back.
I can try that, No, I only have a couple shows, one is on at noon, the other at 8 pm, no other shows that way. I can try to clear them and add them back which it does, and works fine for maybe a couple weeks, and out of no where it will just stop and remove all the shows.....I have heard this I think on this message board too before. Another bug I guess, waiting for the new software update

·
Hall Of Fame
1,528 Posts
Earl said in another thread that sometimes when you do a reset, it cancels all the shows in the TDL. Then unless you delete and remake the SL, you will record no shows until after 14 days. Then it adds the new shows like normal.

This happened to me once many weeks back. Maybe you didnt do a reset but it could have reset itself for some reason and wiped the TDL.

Being you only have 2 SL's, I would consider a reformat before you start adding to it.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,473 Posts
Some people have also reported that if you setup a single record and do a reset that it will lose the single recording. So I could be that your single records that you setup are getting lost when you do the reset. But I'd try the deleting all of the SL's and adding them back.

Keep in mind that the todo list may not have all the upcoming shows and may not add the show up untill about 30 mins before the recording is going to air.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.