DBSTalk Forum banner

Are you cancelling ST, or SF, or both?

• I'm not cancelling!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

· Icon
643 Posts
SteveHas said:
I, like many here am canceling ST, and SF.
Are you, and if so why?
These ST threads are really getting redundant! :beatdeadhorse:

· Godfather
340 Posts
I'm keeping it. They gave me a $99 credit to offset the SF cost so I'm happy. My hangup was the extra bucks for SF.

· Legend
146 Posts
It is quite simple for me. I am not willing to pay extra for games in HD anymore when that is the defacto standard nor am I willing to pay the approx $300 for just SD.

So either SF is free when I call or goodbye to all.

I think they have surpassed the price consumers are willing to pay and are now just gouging for greed.

· Hall Of Fame
1,572 Posts
mnbulldog said:
It is quite simple for me. I am not willing to pay extra for games in HD anymore when that is the defacto standard nor am I willing to pay the approx $300 for just SD.

So either SF is free when I call or goodbye to all.

I think they have surpassed the price consumers are willing to pay and are now just gouging for greed.
I am feeling the exact same way you feel. But I know when the season kicks off I will be calling to add it back. I just am not gonna do without my football. I like it too much. I want Superfan free because I want the games in HD. It makes no sense for me to call and cancel now only to call back September 1st and ask for it back. But damn i don't want to depart with an extra $99

· Hall Of Fame
1,212 Posts
im not cancelling...yet...im going to pay the thieves their money, then i am going to cancel the whoel service at the end of the football season. they can take the credit block that some supervisor put on my account and they can stick it where the sun dont shine, along with the 1500 dollars over the next year that they wont be making from me.

· Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
Not canceling. Did not try or will not try to get a discount on SF, I'm fine with the charges.

· Hall Of Fame
1,129 Posts
As much as it hurt I had to do the right thing. I canceled both ST and SF. 280.00 for ST and 100.00 for SF = 380.00. That's absolutely ridiculous! With inflation and gas prices at an all time high I just can't justify spending that much money to be able to watch more games at once than I cold humanly possibly do anyway. I'll be happy with my local Fox,CBS,NBC,and ESPN and NFL Network games. I did like having the option to watch anyone I wanted on Sunday but at these prices no thank you. I'll be perfectly satisfied with just my Saints on Sunday. For 380.00 I could get a ticket to a Saints game that would put me so close to the action I could high five Reggie Bush as he passes by.

Edit-*I called Directv up yesterday and they game me ST and SF for 200.00. So I accepted! I knew if I tried again later they would give in. They always do.*

· Godfather
467 Posts
I'm keeping this year. Direct TV met my $300 price limit. When I talked to the Direct TV CSR it was like talking to my broker. I placed a limit order for 17 weeks of NFL action on my TV, and my price I want for those shares or 17 weeks was to be no more than $300.

· Legend
108 Posts
Brandon428 said:
As much as it hurt I had to do the right thing. I canceled both ST and SF. 280.00 for ST and 100.00 for SF = 380.00. That's absolutely ridiculous! With inflation and gas prices at an all time high I just can't justify spending that much money to be able to watch more games at once than I cold humanly possibly do anyway. I'll be happy with my local Fox,CBS,NBC,and ESPN and NFL Network games. I did like having the option to watch anyone I wanted on Sunday but at these prices no thank you. I'll be perfectly satisfied with just my Saints on Sunday. For 380.00 I could get a ticket to a Saints game that would put me so close to the action I could high five Reggie Bush as he passes by.
Funny you say that, the Saints are the only reason I am having to spend the extra cash, and you get them for free.................

Thanks to ST, I have seen every game they have played since 1994.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.