DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,561 Posts
just tried it, worked for me with both IE7 and firefox. I would recommend that you clear out all your cookies and internet history and try again.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
102 Posts
davemayo said:
Didn't help. BTW, just tried it on Safari and it loads instantaneously. :rolleyes:
I am a computer technician and I would love the opportunity to help you. Here are a couple things to try.

Are you using Internet Explorer 7?

If so, uninstall IE7 via "Add Remove Programs" in Windows XP or "Program Features" in Windows Vista. It will automatically revert you back to IE6. See if the page works then. If it does try to reinstall a fresh copy IE7 from the microsoft update website.

http://update.microsoft.com

If that doesn't work, go to www.ccleaner.com and download the newest version of CCleaner. Run the program, delete everything it finds and try again... On older machines the first run could take a long time. Be patient.

If that doesn't work let me know.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jeffreydavisjr said:
I am a computer technician and I would love the opportunity to help you. Here are a couple things to try.

Are you using Internet Explorer 7?

If so, uninstall IE7 via "Add Remove Programs" in Windows XP or "Program Features" in Windows Vista. It will automatically revert you back to IE6. See if the page works then. If it does try to reinstall a fresh copy IE7 from the microsoft update website.

http://update.microsoft.com

If that doesn't work, go to www.ccleaner.com and download the newest version of CCleaner. Run the program, delete everything it finds and try again... On older machines the first run could take a long time. Be patient.

If that doesn't work let me know.
Thanks for the advice. I'll try removing IE7 and see what happens.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jeffreydavisjr said:
I am a computer technician and I would love the opportunity to help you. Here are a couple things to try.

Are you using Internet Explorer 7?

If so, uninstall IE7 via "Add Remove Programs" in Windows XP or "Program Features" in Windows Vista. It will automatically revert you back to IE6. See if the page works then. If it does try to reinstall a fresh copy IE7 from the microsoft update website.

http://update.microsoft.com

If that doesn't work, go to www.ccleaner.com and download the newest version of CCleaner. Run the program, delete everything it finds and try again... On older machines the first run could take a long time. Be patient.

If that doesn't work let me know.
Question, how do I preserve my bookmarks if I uninstall and resinstall IE7? I know there's a file I can save to do that but I don't remember what it is called or where to find it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
 

· Almost a new member
Joined
·
427 Posts
davemayo said:
Question, how do I preserve my bookmarks if I uninstall and resinstall IE7? I know there's a file I can save to do that but I don't remember what it is called or where to find it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
From IE7:

1) Hit the Alt key to display the menu bar in IE
2) Go to File...Import and Export, then follow the wizard to export your favorites.

I've got IE7 on Vista, and I've had no issues getting to the DTV page over the last few days.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OverThereTooMuch said:
From IE7:

1) Hit the Alt key to display the menu bar in IE
2) Go to File...Import and Export, then follow the wizard to export your favorites.

I've got IE7 on Vista, and I've had no issues getting to the DTV page over the last few days.
Thanks for the help.

I uninstalled and reinstalled IE7 and still cannot get directv.com to open. I can get on it at work no problem, but at home, no dice. It just chugs and chugs, then says cannot load webpage. I am at a loss to explain this. :confused:
 

· Freethinker
Joined
·
3,179 Posts
davemayo said:
Thanks for the help.

I uninstalled and reinstalled IE7 and still cannot get directv.com to open. I can get on it at work no problem, but at home, no dice. It just chugs and chugs, then says cannot load webpage. I am at a loss to explain this. :confused:
Try opening it from google.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
4,042 Posts
You can try dumping the TCP/IP stack by clinking on start than run and type netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

When you run this you will get a DOS box for a second that will close itself, reboot the machine.

-----

If this fails you can try uninstalling IE7 then reinstalling IE6.

First, get rid of IE7, you can find it in Add/Remove Programs.

Then, to reinstall IE6 in Windows XP you need to search the HDD for the file Ie.inf. It is usually in C:\Windows\Inf.

Right-click on Ie.inf and select "install", this will reinstall IE6 in it's original configuration.

After the installation is complete you will need to re-apply the security patches so windows update should be the first place you go.
 

· Go Pack Go!!!!
Joined
·
2,812 Posts
Site says it will be back shortly.

Maybe this has something to do with Echostar 2 going kaput? :D
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
419 Posts
I am having the same problem with IE7 and FF3: page cannot be displayed.

I have cleared cache, etc.

The offending page is the login page:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/mydirectv/account/myAccount.jsp

EDIT: SOLUTION:

I found out that our (I am at the office) IDS sensors were issuing an OPSEC call to our firewalls to block Directv's IP because they were doing some sort of XML post.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top