DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· AllStar
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. A week and a half ago I got a new Directv R-15, the guy came, installed it, and it was working OK, I tried to do a series link on a program and it would never work, I could not hit 'record' twice nor go to the guide or info to set up a record, it would never record them. I also kept seeing an error on the screen saying incoming call, when I was on the phone and I do not have call waiting, etc. I called Directv, they said to reset the receiver as well as do the software update by hitting 02468 or whatever the code is, tried that, it didn't update correctly, they fed-ex'ed a new R-15 to me, tried that, did the same, they had me check the software version, which was the same, I believe it said 0x1022 or something for current, after the download (which it does show downloading, and it reboots, etc) it stills 0x1022, still and future upgrade says Not Scheduled, so the guy said the receiver is downloading the forced updates but apparently not 'installing' them. Both receivers did the same?! Would this happen? Any ideas why? Both receivers now when i hit menu and the settings list the software at 0x1022, and the current and past update, and says Not Scheduled for future update......

· AllStar
54 Posts
maybe the CSR have not turn on the recording feature. is it possible that they only activiate it as a non DVR.

my R15-100 has the 0x1022 also. my guess is that it does update but the number 0x1022 does not display the updates. must be bug they need to fix.

when i first used my R15, my time bar would move when i FF, but the number would still be 0:00. a day later after a few reboots. the time bar works ok, and i notice the update is still 0x1022. obviously something has been updated but the number did not change.

anybody else have seen this or comments. :confused:

anybody else that has this unit R15-100 with a different software updates that is not 0x1022?

· Hall Of Fame
2,777 Posts
leier911 said:
Hello. A week and a half ago I got a new Directv R-15, the guy came, installed it, and it was working OK, I tried to do a series link on a program and it would never work, I could not hit 'record' twice nor go to the guide or info to set up a record, it would never record them. I also kept seeing an error on the screen saying incoming call, when I was on the phone and I do not have call waiting, etc. I called Directv, they said to reset the receiver as well as do the software update by hitting 02468 or whatever the code is, tried that, it didn't update correctly, they fed-ex'ed a new R-15 to me, tried that, did the same, they had me check the software version, which was the same, I believe it said 0x1022 or something for current, after the download (which it does show downloading, and it reboots, etc) it stills 0x1022, still and future upgrade says Not Scheduled, so the guy said the receiver is downloading the forced updates but apparently not 'installing' them. Both receivers did the same?! Would this happen? Any ideas why? Both receivers now when i hit menu and the settings list the software at 0x1022, and the current and past update, and says Not Scheduled for future update......
Not sure about your SLs not recording, but as for your other questions, here's some info. For the Not Scheduled notice for Future Update - that's normal. Both of mine say the same thing and they've both received updates in the past. Not sure what the use of that "future update" info is. As for the past-update information, it does indeed seem that your update isn't taking for some reason. You should get the latest s/w update in there, as well as when you received it.

Also, as for the caller ID notification, I have a question. When you get those notices, what's the date/time on them? On my 300, and others have seen this too, I'll get "ghost" calls. A notice will come up out of nowhere saying I'm getting a call. If a call IS really coming in, it'll give the information correctly. If I'm not really getting a call, but the R15 SAYS I'm getting a call, I'll get the following information:

Caller - unavailable (or unknown caller, I forget which the unit specifies)
Number - I don't believe I get a number coming in
Date/Time - 12/24 @1:28 am

Take a look at your caller-id log and see what's in there. If you see a bunch with the above-listed information, you're getting the same problem. Not sure what causes it, but to avoid the annoying ghost calls, I just shut off the notifications on that TV.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
If you are on R15-100

0x1022 is the current software version.
There have been no updates for it yet.

· Godfather
385 Posts
leier911 said:
...Directv...said to reset the receiver as well as do the software update by hitting 02468 or whatever the code is, tried that, it didn't update correctly, they fed-ex'ed a new R-15 to me, tried that, did the same, they had me check the software version, which was the same, I believe it said 0x1022 or something for current, after the download (which it does show downloading, and it reboots, etc) it stills 0x1022, still and future upgrade says Not Scheduled, so the guy said the receiver is downloading the forced updates but apparently not 'installing' them. Both receivers did the same?! Would this happen? Any ideas why? Both receivers now when i hit menu and the settings list the software at 0x1022, and the current and past update, and says Not Scheduled for future update......
When you do the "02468" to force a download, you WILL get something. It MIGHT be new software, if any is available, AND if are "authorized" (not sure what the criteria is for that) to receive it. Otherwise, you will just get whatever the current version of the software is. This is what is happening in your case. It looks like it was not successfull because whenever you force a download, even if you get a new version of the software, the update "date and time" will NOT be changed/updated. That's just a bug. The only way the update "date and time" get changed/updated is if you wait for the update to take place automatically. My update "date and time" still say 4/26/06 3:14a. That's because I haven't felt like waiting for the update to take place automatically for the last 3 or 4 new versions, so I've done "02468" downloads.

As for the "Future Upgrade: Not Scheduled", just for get about it. I doubt DTV will ever make use of that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.