DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I'm so frustrated with what should be a simple change.

I just had a 322 installed and I can't get remote 2 (UHF Pro) to work with the receiver. I have it controlling the TV just fine.

After doing some research, I decided to change the address of remote 2 which is currently set to "2". But when I went through the steps to change the address, it ends up changing the address of remote 1 and leaving remote 2 set at "2".

Has anyone seen this or can help me get this resolved?

Also, how the heck do you switch the 322 between single and dual mode?

Thank you.

· Godfather
253 Posts
The 322 does not have a single/ dual mode. To change the addy on the UHF remote go to the sys info screen (menu 6-1-3) from tv 1. Now with the done highlighted press and hold the sat button on the UHF remote untill all the lights light up. Then using the number keys type in the address you want to use. Hit the # key, and repeatedly press the record key until the address changes. If it still will not change then your receiver is bad (I have seen this more than once). To get the remote to the address that is shown on the screen repeat the steps, but don't press the record key at all. While in the sys info screen pressing the select key on the UHF remote will cause the little icon to flash on the tv2 side if it is addressed right.

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply and I've been doing exactly the steps you described. However, the remote 1 address is the only one that will change regardless of which remote I'm using.

I've tried unplugging the unit but that didn't help either.

I'm about ready to call it bad and trade her in.

· Hall Of Fame
1,286 Posts
try removing the number 2 chip from the bottom of the remote and putting it back in. if that doesn't fix it, the problem is the remote, not the receiver. if it is changing the primary remote address, then the remote is sending out an ir signal instead of uhf, and the remote needs to be replaced

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.