DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 7 Posts

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
dervari said:
I've been an H20 supporter since the beginning. After two months, though, I'm seriously beginning to wonder if these things will ever be 100%. They had HOW long to test before the release? Seem everything they think they've fixed something major (BSOD, Partials), it's still broken along with a new problem.

Then again, for quite a few of us, the old motto seems to be holding true.

You get what you pay for
Given that TiVo is not what 6 years old... it is not 100% (it is a lot closer then the DVR+ line though, I am not saying that)

The HR20, hasn't even been out 3 months yet...

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Blitz68 said:
It seems to me that alot of people who are forcing the download are having problems. There are people who are not forcing it and I am one that are not having any problems wit hthe HR20.
There is no difference between "forcing" the update, vs an automatic one.
They run the exact same procedure.

The automatic one, basically set's the flag BEFORE the unit restarts.
The forced one, set's the flag, before the boot-loader sequence checks the flag.

After that flag is checked, the exact same upgrade steps occur, as it is the same routine in both cases.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
LameLefty said:
Okay then - back on topic. Does anyone know if the national 0xEB rollout will be Wednesday the 15th as reported by several folks (heard from D* CSRs apparently)?
It is not a given that it will be the 15th, or when ever.
As of this morning, the decision has not been made on when/if 0xEB will go national.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
btmoore said:
What kind of feedback are you hearing since many of the same bugs that were in the prior release are in 0xeb?
When EB started to rollout, the next version entered the testing phase.
They are discussing the benefits of rolling out EB vs not.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
g4jedi said:
Based upon the fact that this last update has INTRODUCED major bugs that customers like myself had never experienced before (black screen unwatchable recordings), I think they should work on it some more before doing a national rollout of this software. THis software definitely needs to be polished a little more...
Out of all the bugs reported, not one hasn't been reported before in a previous version... at least not one that I have seen reported.

Granted, some people that never had problems before, have now said they have had some of the problems... but there are others that had problems, that now don't.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
PurdueGradMem said:
I take it EB will not be released to the rest of the country. I guess that is a good. If there are more bugs in EB I don't want them.

PurdueGradMem
I wouldn't say that yet... I have not hear either way.

1 - 6 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.