DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
16,423 Posts
DStern said:
I don't know Earl - I think it is a fair question since at least when the HR10-250 shipped its basic functionality (you know, reliably recording HD content and playing it back) worked....
Take into consideration that the HR10-250 was SEVERAL versions after the first DirecTivo box. TiVo and D* had plenty of time to get the box right, years in fact, before release. D* only had one model's [R15] of research to go on prior to the HR20.

I don't think comparing the HR10-250's first day of release to the HR20's first day of release is even fair.

· Registered
16,423 Posts
DStern said:
You are right, it is not fair to compare them - Because even the Tivo Phillips DVR7000 had all of its basic functionality working on the day it shipped into stores, unlike the HR20.

The DVR7000 was missing an enhanced feature, dual tuners, that worked correctly as soon as it was turned on.

It boggles my mind that people are willing to give a pass to something that is unreliable when compared to the product that it replaces. I feel for the people that traded in their HR10-250s and can't trust the replacement.

This "Give DTV a chance" mentality or the "they are trying hard" mentality puts no pressure on them to get the job done right.

Yeah - It's not fair to compare - One worked reliably from day one, the other (although sexier and faster) does not....
You're not getting the point at all... Slow down and read for a moment instead of jumping to conclusions...

The HR10-250 was NOT the first TiVo on the market, not by a long shot.

The HR20-700 is the SECOND DVR for D*.

D* hasn't had near the time making DVR's that TiVo had before putting out their first HD DVR.

I am in NO WAY giving ANYONE a "pass". It boggles my mind how you think I said that in my post.

You're comparing Apples to Kiwi and it's not a fair comparison at all.

If you don't like the HR20 then give yours back to D* and get another HR10 on ebay, just don't come here and flame the HR20 or those of us who like the unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.